In the survey, ADSL users were asked to rate their ADSL service provider based on performance (speed and latency), support and value for money.
The five point rating scale used in the poll was as follows:
- 5 – Excellent (much better than expected)
- 4 – Good (better than expected)
- 3 – Fair (exactly as expected)
- 2 – Bad (worse than expected)
- 1 – Pathetic (much worse than expected)
MWEB was rated as the top ADSL ISP with an average score of 4.21 (maximum score = 5), followed by Afrihost (4.12) and Openweb (4.04).
It is noteworthy that not a single ISP surveyed received a score below the average (3), clearly showing that ADSL subscribers are typically happy with the service levels they receive from their ISP.
The following table provides an overview of the votes each ISP received and the average score per ISP.