SABC director Motsepe resigns

President Jacob Zuma has accepted the resignation of SABC board member Clifford Motsepe, the presidency said on Wednesday

April 26, 2012
SABC Vuka Sizwe

President Jacob Zuma has accepted the resignation of SABC board member Clifford Motsepe, the presidency said on Wednesday.

The resignation was accepted with effect from April 13, Zuma’s office said in a statement.

“I have no doubt Mr Motsepe will put his talents and wide experience in his new endeavours to build a better South Africa with a brighter future for all our people,” Zuma said.

Motsepe came under fire for holding a political position in the Limpopo government and an apolitical directorship with the state broadcaster.

SABC spokesman Kaizer Kganyago said at the time Motsepe had resigned immediately after he was appointed as a Limpopo MEC.

He is Limpopo’s MEC for co-operative governance and traditional affairs.

He used to be a member of the ANC Youth League’s national executive.

Tags: Active, Clifford Motsepe, Jacob Zuma, SABC

Free Email Newsletter:
Subscribe

Shutterstock is the image partner of MyBroadband – technology images can be found here

Join the conversation

Connect with MyBB

twitterfacebookandroidappleblackberrynewsletterfeed

Poll

Will you make voice calls via WhatsApp when the service becomes available?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

More News

South African Internet browsers: 46 million and counting

South Africa keyboard

The July 2014 Effective Measure statistics show that 46 million unique browsers visited South Africa’s top websites last month

E-tolls: how to make your voice heard

E-toll panel

Justice Project South Africa is calling on citizens to have their say on e-tolls at the public meetings held by the Gauteng e-toll review panel – and has provided a guide on how to go about doing so

DStv vs Vidi: let’s get the facts straight

Video streaming creation tablet

The IDC recently issued a press release on the launch of South Africa’s first subscription streaming video service, but got a few details wrong

SA government to tackle copper theft

Copper cable

While the ongoing theft of copper cable continues to cost the economy billions of rand a year, government says it has placed tightening laws to deal with the problem high on its agenda

Free MyBroadband Newsletter:
Subscribe
X
bool(true)