Motorola head paid compensation four times his pay

Sanjay Jha, the chief executive to Motorola Mobility, was awarded a total compensation package of about $47 million in 2011, almost four times his 2010 pay

By - April 22, 2012 Share on LinkedIn

Sanjay Jha, the chief executive to Motorola Mobility, was awarded a total compensation package of about $47 million in 2011, almost four times his 2010 pay, according to a regulatory filing.

The cellphone maker, which agreed to be bought by Google Inc for $12.5 billion, said on Friday that the rise was due to the successful splitting of Motorola into two companies last year to form Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions.

Jha’s pay package, including option awards, increased from about $13 million in 2010, the company said in its proxy filing on Friday.

Motorola said it still expects the Google deal to close in the first half of 2012 even though the Chinese government last month extended its review of the deal, which has been approved by U.S. and European regulators.

Motorola Mobility said it and Google are working closely with China’s regulators in their investigation of the deal.

The company scheduled its annual meeting for June 4 but said it could be canceled depending on the timing of the sale’s completion.

Share your thoughts

Join the conversation

Connect with Us

androidappletwitterfacebookgoogleplusfeednewsletter

Poll

Do you think making the maths "pass mark" 20% for Grade 7-9 is a good idea?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

More News

LTE-A coming to iBurst customers

lte-a-lte-advanced

iBurst has announced the beginning of its migration from wireless technology to LTE-Advanced.

Black Friday online shopping delivery problems in South Africa

Many online shoppers are complaining they have not received the products they purchased on Black Friday.

The 5 things that will get you banned from Uber

Uber light city logo

Uber has published new guidelines for US passengers, detailing what can get them banned from using the service.

Muthambi told SABC board to appoint Motsoeneng as COO

Hlaudi Motsoeneng

A former SABC board member has told Parliament’s ad hoc committee that Communications Minister Faith Muthambi recommended in 2014 that acting COO Hlaudi Motsoeneng’s post be made permanent.

Free MyBroadband Newsletter
×