Orange announced today (13 June 2013) that it has partnered with Nashua Mobile to open its first retail outlets in South Africa. These will be the first such stores outside of Orange’s telecommunication operations footprint.
Orange already has an e-commerce store and an online portal for the South African market, and the company said that a retail footprint was the next logical step.
The first Nashua Mobile stores with Orange products will be in Sandton City in Johannesburg, Brooklyn Mall in Pretoria, and Icon Centre and Canal Walk in Cape Town.
All products will also be available through the online store for travellers not passing through these areas.
What the Orange-Nashua Mobile deal means for you
The Orange-Nashua Mobile deal basically means South Africans can purchase an Orange SIM card at some of Nashua Mobile’s stores. These Orange SIM cards will only be operational in Botswana and France.
These products are therefore aimed at travellers who plan to visit France or Botswana, and who are looking for purchase a SIM card for the Orange network before they leave South Africa.
The following packages are available:
- Orange France Pre-Paid SIM Card – R115 + R15 transaction fee
- Orange France 25€ scratch card – R290 + R35 transaction fee
- Orange France Domino (WiFi 3G device + SIM with 500MB of data) – R520 + R75 transaction fee
- Orange France Mobicarte Holiday (SIM card, 2 hours airtime, 300 SMSs, 500MB data, free WiFi access) – R590 + R100 transaction fee
- Orange Botswana SIM card Starter Kit – R11 + R1,50 transaction fee
- Orange Botswana P50 Scratch Card – R55 + R7 transaction fee