Surge-proof TV refresh from Samsung

LED TVs with “SurgeSafe+” surge protection unveiled

By - March 22, 2012
Samsung logo

Samsung unveiled “SurgeSafe+” televisions at its Samsung Africa Forum event held in Cape Town today (22 March 2012).

This is the second generation of the technology, following the launch of “SurgeSafe TV” last year, the Korean electronics company said.

According to Samsung, these TVs boast all the benefits of LED TV, with affordability as a key distinguisher.

Samsung said that SurgeSafe+ was born from the need of African consumers that require products that can withstand the impacts of the African climate, including humidity, lightning and electricity surges.

“The LED TV SurgeSafe+ product range is a market first that has proven to reduce power dependency considerably,“ said Dae Hee Kim, regional product manager at Samsung Africa. “Additionally, picture quality of these TVs is a sure differentiating factor that we believe set us apart in the TV market.”

Samsung SurgeSafe TV

Samsung SurgeSafe TV

Related articles

Free satellite TV for Africa

New Samsung device, mobile TV tech for SA

Samsung reveals African plans for 2012

Jan Vermeulen is a guest of Samsung at Samsung Africa Forum 2012

Forum discussion

Shutterstock is the image partner of MyBroadband – more technology images

Join the conversation

Connect with Us

androidappletwitterfacebookgoogleplusfeednewsletter

Poll

Which smartphone do you prefer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

More News

DStv prices from 2000 to 2015

DStv logo on remote

A DStv price increase is set to kick in on 1 April 2015 – this is how DStv’s prices have changed over the past 15 years

Google to offer cellular network plans

Google logo

Google will soon be offering cellular network plans in a bid to bridge the gap between the realms of Internet services and mobile device software

Guess how rich Bill Gates is

Bill gates

The world’s richest person got even richer this year

No secret documents stolen in ANC website hack: host

Secret Spy Documents

Despite claims to the contrary, the hosting company responsible for the ANC’s website said no sensitive documents were accessed during a recent hack

X

Newsletter Subscription


Name
Email *
Enter the following to confirm your subscription *
Captcha image


Free MyBroadband Newsletter
Subscribe
X
bool(true)