Motorola announced today (18 April 2012) that it has launched the Motorola Defy+ smartphone in South Africa at a recommended retail price of R2,899.
According to Motorola, the device builds on the Motorola Defy, the company’s previous robust Android handset that is water and scratch resistant, as well as dust proof.
The Motorola Defy+ has a 1GHz processor, 5 megapixel camera, runs Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), and sports a 3.7-inch display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass.
Key Features and Specifications
The press statement issued by Motorola highlights the following features and specifications:
- Powered by Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and features more than 500,000 apps and games available on Google Play
- 1GHz processor
- Water resistant, scratch resistant and dust proof to withstand all that life throws your way
- Features scratch resistant Corning Gorilla Glass
- 3.7-inch high-resolution touch screen display
- Music Player connects you to all your favorite artists
- Motoblur lets users stay in touch with friends, providing quick access to social media accounts and live widgets directly from the home screen
- Motorola Media Link allows users to sync their media content from their desktops at home or work
- Loaded with the ability to create group emails and communication to stay in touch with friends
- Adobe Flash Player 10 for uncompromised viewing of applications, content and videos
- 5MP camera with auto focus, flash and digital zoom
- 2GB internal; 2GB microSD card in box, expandable up to 32GB
- Access to Google Mobile Services (Google Maps 5.0 with Navigation, Google Talk, browsing)
- 1700 mAH battery3 for 7.1 hours of talk time and 16 days in standby