Core Group, official distributor of Apple products in South Africa, has announced that the new fourth generation iPad (iPad 4) will be available in South Africa this weekend (8–9 December 2012).
The iPad Mini will be available “soon”, Core said in a press statement.
This follows a tweet from Stuff editor Toby Shapshak stating that the iPad 4 would be available this weekend, with the iPad Mini launching next week.
The iPad 4 features the same 9.7-inch Retina display as that of its predecessor and uses Apple’s new “Lightning” connector.
The iPad Mini has a somewhat smaller 7.9-inch display running at the same 1024×768 resolution as the iPad 2.
Launch prices for the iPad 4 are higher than those of the iPad 3, likely owing to the weaker Rand:
- 16 GB iPad 4 with Wi-Fi: R5,199
- 32 GB iPad 4 with Wi-Fi: R6,399
- 64 GB iPad 4 with Wi-Fi: R7,399
- 16 GB iPad 4 with Wi-Fi + Cellular: R6,499
- 32 GB iPad 4 with Wi-Fi + Cellular: R7,499
- 64 GB iPad 4 with Wi-Fi + Cellular: R8,599
The iPad Mini has the following recommended retail prices:
- 16GB iPad mini with Wi-Fi: R3,399
- 32GB iPad mini with Wi-Fi: R4,499
- 64GB iPad mini with Wi-Fi: R5,499
- 16GB iPad mini with W-Fi + Cellular: R4,799
- 32GB iPad mini with W-Fi + Cellular: R5,899
- 64GB iPad mini with W-Fi + Cellular: R6,999