Acer has announced the Iconia W3, which the company claims is the first 8.1-inch tablet PC running Windows 8.
The Acer Iconia W3 comes pre-installed with Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013.
South African availability is pegged at end of June 2013, and the recommended retail prices are listed as below (recent volatile exchange rate dependant):
- R 4,499,00 (32GB)
- R 5,299,00 (64GB)
The Iconia W3 pairs with an optional Bluetooth keyboard that holds the tablet upright for typing, and can dock to the tablet to lay flat for transportation and protecting the screen. The keyboard is about the size of those found on 13.3-inch notebooks.
Acer Iconia W3 Specifications
- Screen: 8.1-inch LED-backlit LCD 1280 x 800 capacitive multi-touchscreen
- Windows 8 OS
- Processor: Intel Cloverview Atom Z2760 1.8 GHz (2-cores)
- Memory: 2GB RAM (leaked spec, unconfirmed by Acer at time of publication).
- Internal storage: 32GB or 64GB
- External storage: microSD (32GB)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth; 802.11b/g/n wireless
- Data connections: Micro HDMI, Micro USB
- Front Camera: 2 megapixels
- Rear Camera: 2 megapixels
- Weight/Dimensions: 540 grams; 11.35mm thick
The Acer Iconia W3 was introduced today (3 June 2013) at a press event at Computex along with other new products, including the Acer Aspire S7 and S3 Ultrabooks as well as the Liquid S1 phablet (tablone?).