Schools to get tablets from ANC?

The ANC is considering supplying tablet PCs to public schools, sources have told the Sunday Times.

July 21, 2013
SA Tablet

The ANC is considering supplying tablet PCs to public schools, sources have told the Sunday Times.

This would be in a bid to prevent a repeat of the Limpopo textbook crisis, which marred the party’s reputation last year.

According to the report, the idea for putting tablets in the hands of schools came from the ANC’s executive committee lekgotla taking place in Irene.

“It is the easiest way of resolving the textbook issue. In one tablet, you can download a number of books. It is also cheaper. The commission will continue discussing the matter [today], but this was a popular view,” a source at the meeting told the paper.

The proposal will be presented to the lekgotla’s plenary session for possible adoption on 21 July 2013, the paper said.

More on tablets

Tablet popularity booms: survey

MEA tablet market sees 184% growth

Tags: African National Congress (ANC), Headline, tablet

Free Email Newsletter:
Subscribe

Shutterstock is the image partner of MyBroadband – technology images can be found here

Join the conversation

Connect with MyBB

twitterfacebookandroidappleblackberrynewsletterfeed

Poll

Have you ever lied on your CV?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

More News

Top tech specials this weekend

Sale

If you are looking for a tablet, TV, or laptop, you can save thousands of rands this weekend

Another SA iStore robbed

The five colors of the new iPhone 5C are seen after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.

Another iStore was robbed in Gauteng on Friday — this time at Centurion Mall in Pretoria, police said

Finance Minister Nhlanhla Nene’s fake Facebook profiles

The loading screen of the Facebook application on a mobile phone is seen in this photo illustration taken in Lavigny May 16, 2012. REUTERS/Valentin Flauraud

There are several fake Facebook accounts purporting to be those of Finance Minister Nhlanhla Nene, his ministry said on Friday

SABC won’t be held to ransom by actors: Motsoeneng

SABC logo TV screens

The SABC will not allow itself to be held to ransom by actors, the public broadcaster’s COO Hlaudi Motsoeneng said on Friday

Free MyBroadband Newsletter:
Subscribe
X
bool(true)