The 2013 MyBroadband Awards winners were announced today, with Telkom and Afrihost winning most of the categories.
The annual MyBroadband Awards have become a benchmark for excellence in the local broadband and telecoms market. The reason is that consumers, and not a small group of judges, say who must win.
The awards are based on consumer feedback from four annual surveys, and performance testing conducted by local broadband users.
The winners of the 2013 MyBroadband Awards are listed below, along with close contenders (runners up) for the awards.
Fixed broadband provider of the year
- Winner: Telkom
- Runner-up: Neotel
Mobile broadband provider of the year
- Winner: Telkom Mobile
- Runner-up: Cell C
Internet Service Provider of the year
- Winner: Afrihost
- Runners-up: FNB Connect, Axxess, Web Africa
IT person of the year
- Winner: Gian Visser
- Runner-up: Alan Knott-Craig
Company representative of the year
- Winner: Afriman (Afrihost)
- Runners-up: MWEB-Guy (MWEB), WA-Various (Web Africa)
MyBroadband forum member of the year
- Winner: Garyvdh
- Runners-up: Ockie, MickeyD
Loser of the year
- Loser: Dina Pule
- Not too great: Department of Communications, ICASA