Avengers 2 filming in SA delayed

Road closures in the Johannesburg CBD will come to effect on Tuesday after the filming company of the sequel to the superhero movie “The Avengers” postponed filming, metro police said.

By - February 10, 2014
Avengers wallpaper

Road closures in the Johannesburg CBD will come to effect on Tuesday after the filming company of the sequel to the superhero movie “The Avengers” postponed filming, metro police said.

“The filming company informed us they have cancelled filming on Monday,” spokesman Chief Superintendent Wayne Minnaar said.

Albetina Sisulu street (previously Market) would no longer be blocked off between Harrison and Rissik streets from 7am until 7pm as said earlier.

Minnaar said filming in the street would begin on Tuesday at 6pm until Wednesday morning.

Other streets affected from February 14 to 23 would be President street between Rissik and Eloff streets and Joubert street between Harrison and Rissik streets, he said.

Parts of Commissioner, Sauer, and Albetina Sisulu streets would also be closed.

Motorist were urged to use Jeppe, Bree, Pritchard, Marshall, and Anderson streets as alternatives.

Minnaar said Kingsley Sithole road and Basil Zuma street in Orlando East would be closed to traffic on Thursday.

“The public is requested to exercise patience and use alternative roads in the meantime.”

The sequel, titled “Avengers: Age of Ultron”, will feature well-known actors Robert Downey Jr, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, and Chris Hemsworth as popular superheroes.

More tech news

The truth about SA’s “new” electrical plug standard

Wireless interconnected cars by 2017

Most powerful space telescope prepares for launch

SA’s small mobile operators smiling

Forum discussion

Shutterstock is the image partner of MyBroadband – more technology images

Join the conversation

Connect with Us

androidappletwitterfacebookgoogleplusfeednewsletter

Poll

Have you used WhatsApp voice calling yet?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

More News

Treasury cuts off municipalities that owe Eskom billions

Stealing electricity eskom

National Treasury has begun withholding purse from as many as 60 Municipalities who owe power utility Eskom billions.

Sentech CEO moves to SITA

Sentech

The board at signal distributor for the South African broadcasting sector, Sentech, has accepted the resignation of CEO Setumo Mohapi, who moves to Sita

MultiChoice welcomes MyBroadband TV

MyBroadband TV smartcard

MultiChoice has welcomed fresh competition in the pay TV space

Are you one of the lucky 1.4%?

4K

The Akamai State of the Internet report shows that less than 2% of South Africans have a 4K-ready Internet connection

X

Newsletter Subscription


Name
Email *
Enter the following to confirm your subscription *
Captcha image


Free MyBroadband Newsletter
Subscribe
X
bool(true)