Dina Pule declines ANC nomination

Former communications minister Dina Pule has decided to decline the ANC’s nomination for the National Assembly

March 27, 2014
Dina Pule

Former communications minister Dina Pule has decided to decline the ANC‘s nomination for the National Assembly, she said in a statement on Thursday.

“I have given great thought to what I should do with the rest of my life, and whilst I will remain a loyal and committed member of the ANC, it is in my best interest and that of my children and family that I withdraw from the ANC list and be allowed to live my life in peace,” she said.

Pule, who was recalled from her position last year after the public protector’s report into allegations of corruption and a potential conflict of interest against her, was number 70 on the African National Congress’s list of parliamentary candidates.

She expressed gratitude for her nomination and thanked the party’s branches for the expression of confidence in her.

Public Protector Thuli Madonsela‘s probe involved Pule’s appointment of service providers to do event management for the ICT Indaba in Cape Town.

Madonsela found Pule unlawfully extended her spousal benefits to her romantic partner Phosane Mngqibisa. She found that despite numerous denials, Pule told her department Mngqibisa was her official companion.

Madonsela said at a meeting, Pule told her Mngqibisa was not her spouse, as he was married to someone else under civil law.

Pule must pay, apologise for lies: Public Protector

Pule versus Shinn on criminal charges

Dina Pule is a liar, must apologise: report

How Dina Pule boyfriend’s cronies got jobs: report

Tags: Active, ANC, Dina Pule

Free Email Newsletter:
Subscribe

Shutterstock is the image partner of MyBroadband – technology images can be found here

Join the conversation

Connect with MyBB

twitterfacebookandroidappleblackberrynewsletterfeed

Poll

Have you ever lied on your CV?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

More News

Top tech specials this weekend

Sale

If you are looking for a tablet, TV, or laptop, you can save thousands of rands this weekend

Another SA iStore robbed

The five colors of the new iPhone 5C are seen after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.

Another iStore was robbed in Gauteng on Friday — this time at Centurion Mall in Pretoria, police said

Finance Minister Nhlanhla Nene’s fake Facebook profiles

The loading screen of the Facebook application on a mobile phone is seen in this photo illustration taken in Lavigny May 16, 2012. REUTERS/Valentin Flauraud

There are several fake Facebook accounts purporting to be those of Finance Minister Nhlanhla Nene, his ministry said on Friday

SABC won’t be held to ransom by actors: Motsoeneng

SABC logo TV screens

The SABC will not allow itself to be held to ransom by actors, the public broadcaster’s COO Hlaudi Motsoeneng said on Friday

Free MyBroadband Newsletter:
Subscribe
X
bool(true)