Today (7 August 2012) AMD launched the AMD FirePro A300 Series Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) for entry-level and mainstream desktop workstations, featuring AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology.
The introduction of AMD FirePro A300 Series APUs offers OEMs and workstation integrators (WSIs) greater design flexibility, enabling new workstation designs that help save space, are energy efficient, and have low heat and noise levels without compromising true workstation-class performance and reliability.
- Support for AMD Eyefinity Technology for enhanced efficiency and immersive, multi-monitor productivity[i];
- AMD Turbo Core technology, where CPU and GPU performance are dynamically scaled depending on workload demands, effectively providing a more responsive experience;
- Support for horizontal display resolutions up to 10,240 x 1600 pixels, enabling large desktop spaces across multiple high-resolution display devices for advanced multitasking;
- Support for Discrete Compute Offload (DCO), allowing additional compute capability by using discrete AMD FirePro GPUs in parallel with APU graphics for extended GPGPU performance;
- 30-bit color support to enable breathtaking image and color fidelity for advanced workflows such as color correction and image processing when using displays capable of 10-bit-per-channel operation;
- Dedicated UVD (universal video decoder/VCE, or video CODEC engine) media encoding hardware for faster “fixed function” GPU processing of H.264/MPEG4 files and other motion media formats when using compatible software, to free up CPU resources for other tasks.
AMD FirePro A300 Series APUs are tested and certified for reliability and compatibility with a wide range of professional applications. All AMD FirePro A300 Series APUs are powered by AMD Catalyst Pro software, enabling application performance and compatibility with ISV-certified software and optimised performance for CAD and M&E applications. The AMD FirePro graphics ISV Alliances team maintains very close collaboration with dozens of ISVs to ensure alignment for product and driver updates.
Pricing and Availability
The AMD FirePro A300 Series APUs will be available in systems from a number of workstation integrators starting in August of 2012.
|AMD FirePro A300 Series APUs|
|APU Model||TDP||CPU Cores||CPU Clock (Max/Base)||AMD Stream Processors||GPU Clock||Unlocked|
|AMD FirePro A300||65W||4||4 GHz / 3.4 GHz||384||760 MHz||No|
|AMD FirePro A320||100W||4||4.2 GHz / 3.8 GHz||384||800 MHz||Yes|