Google is giving away 2GB of storage to users who go through its account security checkup, in honour of Safer Internet Day 2016.
You will be asked to verify details such as your recovery information, check the devices connected to your account, and check account permissions.
This storage space may be used by messages and attachments in Gmail, files up to 5TB in size stored on Google Drive, or pictures stored in their original resolution in Google Photos.
Claim your free 2GB of Google account space
To claim your 2GB of free space, follow this procedure:
- Visit Google’s account security checkup.
- Verify your account recovery information.
- Check the devices connected to your account.
- Confirm whether you want to enable or disable access for less-secure apps.
- Verify your account permissions.
- Click on “Continue to account settings”.