Cheaper iPhone 4 on the horizon

Apple may launch a cheaper model of the iPhone 4 alongside its next generation iPhone

August 24, 2011
Apple_logo_blue

According to Reuters, Apple’s manufacturing partners are increasing production of a low cost version of the iPhone 4. The budget iPhone is set to have an 8GB flash drive as internal memory, and is poised for release in September 2011.

Apple has a history of reducing prices of older model iPhones down to $99 in the US market, allowing more users access to the device. This is a likely price point for the low cost iPhone 4 according to industry Analyst Brian Blair.

“[A more affordable iPhone would allow] Apple and carriers to ease back on the device and service pricing and extend Apple’s reach into new and lower consumer segments with only minimal cannibalization to the iPhone’s high-end position,” wrote Ittai Kidron, an Oppenheimer analyst, earlier this year.

Read the full story over at: All Things D.

Tags: Apple Reuters, Brian Blair, Ittai Kidron, rumour

Free Email Newsletter:
Subscribe

Shutterstock is the image partner of MyBroadband – technology images can be found here

Join the conversation

Connect with MyBB

twitterfacebookandroidappleblackberrynewsletterfeed

Poll

Have you ever lied on your CV?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

More News

Top tech specials this weekend

Sale

If you are looking for a tablet, TV, or laptop, you can save thousands of rands this weekend

Another SA iStore robbed

The five colors of the new iPhone 5C are seen after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.

Another iStore was robbed in Gauteng on Friday — this time at Centurion Mall in Pretoria, police said

Finance Minister Nhlanhla Nene’s fake Facebook profiles

The loading screen of the Facebook application on a mobile phone is seen in this photo illustration taken in Lavigny May 16, 2012. REUTERS/Valentin Flauraud

There are several fake Facebook accounts purporting to be those of Finance Minister Nhlanhla Nene, his ministry said on Friday

SABC won’t be held to ransom by actors: Motsoeneng

SABC logo TV screens

The SABC will not allow itself to be held to ransom by actors, the public broadcaster’s COO Hlaudi Motsoeneng said on Friday

Free MyBroadband Newsletter:
Subscribe
X
bool(true)