RIM ex-CEO Lazaridis planned to step down “for years”

One of RIMs former co-CEOs has admitted he had planned to step down from his position long before actually doing so

By - January 31, 2012 Share on LinkedIn
BlackBerry

Mike Lazaridis, former co-CEO and co-Chairman of BlackBerry marker Research in Motion (RIM) has mentioned in a recent interview that he had planned to step down from his role as the company’s leader for years.

Talking to The Record, Lazaridis also admitted that he had been grooming new RIM CEO Thorsten Heins for the CEO position since Heins was hired back in 2007.

Despite all of this, Lazaridis did not explain why he waited for RIM stocks to tank before he stepped down.

Despite poor share performance, Lazaridis says he plans to buy an additional $50 million in RIM stock, saying, “This company has a strong balance sheet of $1.5 billion. It has strong sales of over $5 billion a quarter. This is a strong organization with a strong global brand, an iconic product and a strong future.”

Read the full story at: Boy Genius Report.

Share your thoughts

Join the conversation

Connect with Us

androidappletwitterfacebookgoogleplusfeednewsletter

Poll

Do you buy mobile data bundles on a monthly basis?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

More News

FNB putting you at risk of online fraud: forensic expert

iPhone 6S FNB

Forensic expert Dr David Klatzow says FNB is putting its clients at risk by sharing their banking details with third parties, and is planning a class action lawsuit against the bank for how it treats its clients.

Fire at ICASA offices – these are the sections affected

ICASA logo on glass

ICASA has confirmed that its head office in Sandton was damaged by fire this afternoon.

Why me&you mobile moves Unlimited Talk subscribers to worse packages

me&you mobile

A number of me&you mobile Unlimited Talk subscribers have complained that they were moved to a worse package without much warning.

Communications Minister welcomes SABC not showing violent protests

SABC logo on old tv

Communications Minister Faith Muthambi has welcomed the decision by the SABC to stop broadcasting violent protests.

X

Newsletter Subscription


Name
Email *
Enter the following to confirm your subscription *
Captcha image


Free MyBroadband Newsletter
Subscribe
×