Facebook have announced and launched their brand new App Center for Android and iOS.
The new platform will list a wealth of curated apps, allowing users to recommend apps to friends, as well as see suggested and top-rated app lists from different categories.
Potential developers are also given guidelines in order to get their apps on the platform.
The app center will be available on mobile devices through Facebook’s app and desktop website.
Facebook also revealed some stats regarding the significance of apps on the social network
- More than 230 million people play games on Facebook every month
- More than 130 games on Facebook have more than 1 million monthly active users.
- More than 4,500 timeline apps have launched since f8 (Facebook’s eighth annual developer conference) in September 2011.
- Facebook drove people to the Apple App Store 83 million times in May.
- Facebook drove people to iOS apps 134 million times in May (someone who already has the app and is directed back to it from Facebook.)
- As of May, seven of the top 10 grossing iOS apps and six of the top 10 Android apps have integrated with Facebook.