The deal is valid until 30 June 2013, and includes the following features:
- 100 minutes p.m. x 24 months
- 100 SMSs p.m. x 24 months
- 100MB of data p.m. x 24 months
- 1GB AlwaysOn Wifi Connectivity x 24 months
- Samsung Hub Voucher (valued at R300)
- 35% discount on accessories (optional extra)
“New customers who switch to FNB can get the Samsung Galaxy S4 at a 16% discount with 24 months to pay,” said Kartik Mistry, head of smart devices at FNB’s Core Banking Solutions. “We have also included various data options in this deal to enable digital banking, and have included ‘voice’ to meet our client demand.”
Another interesting addition in the above list is an extra year of free Wi-Fi access via AlwaysOn. Samsung recently announced that all its devices would come with free Wi-Fi, but only for 12 months.
Existing FNB clients can apply for the Samsung Galaxy S4 before 30 June, and will receive a 35% discount on the phone cover, the bank said.
FNB said that due to the high demand expected, stock will initially be limited.