Donald Trump has received his own programming language called TrumpScript, a version of Python which was designed to act like “The Donald”.
The language was designed by Rice University computer science majors Sam Shadwell and Chris Brown, at a hackathon called HackRice.
Shadwell and Brown said that “the current field of programming languages does not include any that Trump’s glorious golden comb-over would approve of”.
“TrumpScript is our solution to this. It’s the programming language Trump would approve of. Just like he is making America great again, we hope our efforts will make programming great again,” they said.
They explained that TrumpScript includes several convenient features, perfect for any aspiring Presidential candidate:
- No floating point numbers, only integers. America never does anything halfway.
- All numbers must be strictly greater than 1 million. The small stuff is inconsequential to us.
- There are no import statements allowed. All code has to be home-grown and American made.
- Instead of True and False, we have fact and lie.
- Only the most popular English words, Trump’s favorite words, and current politician names can be used as variable names.
- Error messages are mostly quotes from Trump.
- All programs must end with America is great.
- Our language will automatically correct Forbes’ $4.5B to $10B.
- In its raw form, TrumpScript is not compatible with Windows, because Trump isn’t the type of guy to believe in PC.
- The language is completely case insensitive.
- If the running computer is from China or Mexico, TrumpScript will not compile. We don’t want them stealing our American technological secrets.
- Warns you if you have any Communists masqeurading as legitimate “SSL Certificates” from China on your system.
- Won’t run in root mode because America doesn’t need your help being great. Trump is all we need.