The new version of Outlook.com is now out of preview, and offer users many new features.
Microsoft said it is rolling out the service to users worldwide. “If you are currently using Outlook.com, you’ll get these upgrades soon,” said Microsoft.
“You do not need to take any action to get the upgrade, and all your settings and data will be automatically transferred.”
Microsoft highlighted the following new features:
- The new Outlook.com is built on an Office 365-based infrastructure.
- You can now view or edit Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents and photos while simultaneously replying to the original message.
- Get more done using partner add-ins.
- Make your emails fun by adding GIFs from GIPHY.
- Use the Yelp add-in in Outlook to find and suggest restaurants, shopping destinations, and other local businesses.
- The Wunderlist add-in helps you to move “task-centric” emails straight to your to-do list.
- The ability to use @Mentions when typing in the body of an email, to add someone to an email conversation by name.
- Microsoft added a quick way to find and insert emojis into your emails in Outlook.com.
- The new Outlook.com has tools to help you prioritize essential emails.