Among the apps highlighted are:
- Standard Bank: the banking app boasts to be the first to launch on Windows 8;
- Yellow pages: the well-known telephone directory;
- Daily Five: a South African technology news publication;
- DStv guide: a schedule of the programming on the pay TV satellite network;
- Weather SA: for participating in South Africa’s favourite pastime – talking about the rain;
- News24: offering content from the local news website; and
- 22seven: the personal financial management moves launches its first app.
Standard Bank also announced that it will be offering the Samsung Ativ tablet PC to its cheque and credit card customers for R6,695.