Nokia’s new subscription-based upgrade to its popular free-to-stream mobile music service, Nokia Music+, is now available in South Africa for just R25 a month.
Coming in at a lower price to other streaming music offerings, Nokia Music+ trades off price against being able to specify exactly which songs you want to listen to.
Nokia Music+ offers the following features over the Finnish phone maker’s free music streaming service:
- The ability to download unlimited mixes for offline playback;
- Unlimited track skips providing greater opportunities to self-curate streamed music;
- The option to select higher quality audio when connecting via Wi-Fi;
- Lyric streaming for many tracks; and
- Listen to Nokia Music via Internet-enabled devices including PCs and tablets.
The current Nokia Music service, which lets users create mixes from a search query, stream from curated playlists, and save mixes for offline playback, will continue to be available free to Nokia Lumia owners.
Nokia Music+ is available for people to try free for seven days, after which the R25/month fee is charged.