“So I changed the user agent string in Chrome which enabled the IE10 discount and… free pizza. A big thanks Microsoft,” said Craucamp.
Craucamp explained that it is easy to change the user string by opening Chrome and:
- Press F12 (or Ctrl + Shift + i);
- Click on the settings cog on the bottom right;
- Click on ‘Overrides’ on the left;
- Select the ‘User Agent’ check box;
- Select ‘Other’ from the drop down list;
- Paste the following IE10 user agent string into the text box: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.2; Trident/6.0);
- Leave the developers tools window open, and place your online order at Debonairs Pizza.
Craucamp showed that this method works by pasting a screenshot on his Google Profile, and he confirmed that he enjoyed his free Pizza soon afterwards.
It should be noted that the competition terms and conditions state that to receive the discount, users must “place an order using Internet Explorer 10 (ten)”.
It may therefore be against the promotion’s terms and conditions to spoof the browser user agent string to get the discount.