BBM for Android, iPhone: SA delay continues

BlackBerry South Africa confirmed that there is no firm launch date for BBM for Android and iPhone in the country

By - October 3, 2013
BlackBerry Messenger (BBM)

BlackBerry South Africa said that they do not have any update on the delay of BBM for Android and iPhone in the country.

BlackBerry South Africa previously said that BBM for Android will soon be available for Samsung customers in Africa, but the launch date remains unknown.

The launch of BBM for Android and iPhone was scheduled for 21 September and 22 September respectively.

However, the launch was delayed after an unreleased version of the BBM for Android app was posted online, which has caused issues.

In a recent Twitter post BlackBerry said that it is “Still 100% committed to bringing #BBM to Android and iPhone”.

BlackBerry urged users to follow the BBM Twitter account and the Inside BlackBerry blog for updates.

BBM for Android, iOS articles

BBM for Android, iPhone – 100% commitment, no date

BBM for Android, iPhone delay

BBM for iPhone here, BBM for Android delayed

BBM for Android, iPhone: how it will work

Forum discussion

Shutterstock is the image partner of MyBroadband – more technology images

Join the conversation

Connect with Us

androidappletwitterfacebookgoogleplusfeednewsletter

Poll

Do you support tax rebates for broadband investment in South Africa?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

More News

HTC Vive virtual reality headset from Valve announced

HTC Vive launch slide at MWC

HTC has announced a partnership with video gaming giant Valve to develop a new virtual reality headset

HTC One M9 unveiled

HTC One M9 launch video

The next iteration of HTC’s flagship Android smartphone was officially unveiled at Mobile World Congress

What happens when drones become intelligent?

Drone

Drones – or unmanned aerial vehicles as they are increasingly known – have reached a mass-market tipping point

DA wants answers about R1.6 million The New Age ads

Faith Muthambi

The Democratic Alliance called for clarity in relation to reports that the communications ministry spent an unauthorised R1.6 million on newspaper advertisements

X

Newsletter Subscription


Name
Email *
Enter the following to confirm your subscription *
Captcha image


Free MyBroadband Newsletter
Subscribe
X
bool(true)