The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa will hold public hearings over the review of the Draft End-User and Subscriber Service Charter Regulations on 17 February 2016.
The purpose of the Draft Regulations are to:
- Introduce stricter rules on information to be provided to consumers at the point of contracting and on promotions.
- Strengthen parameters to improve the quality of service offered to end-users.
- Introduce rules and frameworks for data billing.
- Introduce information and billing requirements for subscribers roaming internationally.
- Introduce a new penalty regime that includes non-monetary penalties.
Presentations are limited to interested parties who submitted written comments. However, members of the public may participate by being permitted to submit comments and questions.
The hearings are the last leg of the consultative process on the regulations and Icasa encourages the participation of consumers.