View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Ubersoft.net - the home of Help Desk, the comic strip.

When I first started using OS/2 in the halcyon days of version 2.1 (I missed version 2.0 by a few months, luckily for me) I soon found what was OS/2 eZine with some OS/2 content.

(Back issues can be found here. There's a lot of history contained in these back issues...)

And Help Desk featured in Volume 1, number six.

Unfortunately, the name had to be changed from Megasoft to Ubersoft later on, as there was already a Megasoft operating. This was quietly ...

Updated 12-10-2007 at 07:23 PM by The_Librarian

Categories
    Main , Computer related
  2. Your standing to close to me...

Visiting my local shop and queuing up to pay sometimes is a little to close for comfort.

Some people dont understand what boundries are. Each and everyone of us has our own personal space. A imaginary border, which when crossed, can make us feel uncomfortable.

From time to time, at my local Spar, i'm having to queue in order to pay for the goodies that i have bought. The queue might contain 10 people or 2 people. Their have been occasions where its me and only 1 person ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Is being smart elitist?

The Education Department recently announced that this will be the last year that SA’s matric candidates can write additional mathematics. The reason: It was “elitist”. Government preaches more focus on Mathematics and Science, but I guess it should just not be too tough.

Here is the article in full (written by Sue Blaine from Business Day):

THIS will be the last year that SA’s matric candidates can write additional mathematics, a subject that has helped many a first-year
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Coffee offered at peoples houses...

Must admit, that i can be a little rude sometimes, but i dont care.

When going to friends/peoples houses and you get offered coffee/tea etc, i tend to ask if the coffee is instant or not, if they say yes, then i say no thanks, i'll have tea. lol.

Whats' actaully just as bad, it when they give you a plunger coffee, and the coffee is so stale, and lifeless, its disgusting and your forcing yourself to drink it. (its worse than instant when its like this)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. British solar plane breaks longest unmanned flight record

A lightweight, solar-powered plane built by British defence and security technology company QinetiQ has broken a world record for unmanned flight by staying aloft for 54 hours, the firm said on Monday.

The Zephyr, which has an 18-metre wingspan and weighs just 30kg, smashed the previous best of 30 hours 24 minutes by nearly a whole day, flying to a maximum height of 58,355 feet.

It then flew a second time, again beating the previous benchmark set by a jet-powered US ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized