Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

• ANC public cake eating will stop

ANC leaders will no longer eat cake in front of party supporters at centenary rallies, according to a report on Sunday.

The matter was raised as part of ANC chairwoman Baleka Mbete's report on centenary celebrations held in Bloemfontein earlier this year, City Press reported.

"It was proposed that for future January 8 celebrations the eating of cake should be made private, as it does not augur well to eat in front of our members and supporters while they are not eating," the assessment of the centenary celebrations found.

African National Congress spokesman Jackson Mthembu told the newspaper that everyone in the national executive committee (NEC) agreed the public cake-eating culture should be reviewed.

"The issue is how do you celebrate 100 years of the ANC with 150,000 people, when it comes to this area of eating cake?" he was quoted as saying.

"How do we tweak this culture and make it less insensitive?"

According to the report the cake proposal was first tabled at the NEC meeting in early February.

In future, the cake will be displayed at the stadium, but will not be eaten in public.

Mthembu told the newspaper the ANC was looking at alternatives such as donating the cake to orphanages and schools.

Source : Sapa
    Comments 27 Comments
      copacetic -
      Wow. Glad they are dealing with the heavy issues we face as a country.
      marine1 -
      Is this a joke?
      fantasticfred -
      I can't pretend to understand what it's like to ever have gone hungry but I'm sure it's a bigger issue to someone who does or has.
      Picard -
      This won't last. They love their cake and Johnnie Walker Blue label too much.
      Kosmik -
      Quote Originally Posted by marine1 View Post
      Is this a joke?
      I think it's gone over a few poeples heads
      BBSA -
      Quote Originally Posted by fantasticfred View Post
      I can't pretend to understand what it's like to ever have gone hungry but I'm sure it's a bigger issue to someone who does or has.
      Rooster, you never gone hungry?
      DrYes -
      No koek eating in public.
      I'll support this move.
      reactor_sa -
      Seriously, who gives a ****, they just gonna eat it behind closed doors like the rest of our tax money
      fantasticfred -
      Quote Originally Posted by DrYes View Post
      No koek eating in public.
      I'll support this move.
      Prude !

DreamKing -
      ..... but anc did not stop their members to eat our cake.
      j4ck455 -
      In future, the cake will be displayed at the stadium, but will not be eaten in public.
      Now that makes much more sense, tantalize and torture those starving members of the cANCer with a lavish cake that is just out of their reach and at the end of the proceedings take the cake away to be devoured in private by the cANCer's most obese hyenas

Mthembu told the newspaper the ANC was looking at alternatives such as donating the cake to orphanages and schools.
      I will bet that any cake that gets donated is either leftovers or a far cry from the cake that the cANCer's hyenas have already devoured.
      Garyvdh -
      is this what we have come to???

I seem to remember another ruler who was out of touch with her people who said "let them eat cake"
      Nicodeamus -
      Quote Originally Posted by Garyvdh View Post
      is this what we have come to???

I seem to remember another ruler who was out of touch with her people who said "let them eat cake"
      She was 14 years old....one would think that responsible adults....
      beans100 -
      Its actually a slap in the poor and hungry ANC supporters face, when they come out to support there rulers, they have to stare on with empty stomaches how there leaders is stuffing their faces.
      zizo911 -
      Reminds me of the French revolution...
      bekdik -
      The ANC heard an Afriforum member shout "Kyk vir die ANC" and misunderstood

Boom boom
      biometrics -
      Do not let them eat cake. Erm.
      Rands -
      Guilt setting in?
      Mila -
      But the did not struggle to eat bread.

Bloody colonialists.
      Hemi300c -
      They will still continue to eat the South African cake and all it's fruits in front of the voters and the voters will continue to vote for the fat cats.
  • 300x250 advertisement

• 300x250 advertisement

• Recent Article Comments Widget

Nicodeamus

Don't fear national minimum wage: Ramaphosa

Workers with low to zero skills have the opportunity of competing for less wages so that they can... Go to last post

Nicodeamus 26-07-2014 03:29 AM
    Beerisgood

Ramaphosa speaks about Die Stem

First World problems.

Oh wait :erm: Go to last post

Beerisgood 25-07-2014 09:38 PM
    MickeyD

Examples? Go to last post

MickeyD 25-07-2014 09:29 PM
    Mila

And those people? Sit and earn grants?
    What happens to them? They don't just disappear.
    What is... Go to last post

Mila 25-07-2014 09:23 PM
    Garson007

Nah. The only jobs that will be shed are those that were unsustainable to begin with. Go to last post

Garson007 25-07-2014 09:12 PM