Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

• Zwelinzima Vavi says Helen Zille "bugged" him to join DA

Congress of SA Trade Unions (Cosatu) head Zwelinzima Vavi claimed that DA leader Helen Zille "bugged" him to join her party, the Sunday Times reported.

Vavi told the newspaper that Zille said to him at a football match: "Can you imagine... me and you, the power?"

Vavi claimed it was a preoccupation of Zille's to recruit him to the Democratic Alliance.

"She is very, very power-hungry because she has this mistaken view... that I can be recruited to the opposition ranks.

"She tried to recruit me, in person, to join the DA in the run-up to the local elections."

The two have since bumped heads, with Vavi banning Zille from an e-toll protest march and Zille claiming Cosatu had failed the unemployed.

"That is how she dreams. I can never join her party [whose] very sense of existence is to continue the exploitation of workers."

Vavi said he and the DA were like "water and paraffin" and he believed that Zille would take him on "at a personal level" because he had refused her advances.

Zille's spokesman Pierre-Charl du Preez would not confirm the claims, but dismissed them as "facetious".
    Comments 10 Comments
      rpm -
      Congress of SA Trade Unions (Cosatu) head Zwelinzima Vavi claimed that DA leader Helen Zille "bugged" him to join her party, the Sunday Times reported.

Vavi told the newspaper that Zille said to him at a football match: "Can you imagine... me and you, the power?"
      marine1 -
      Thank god he did not join
      DreamKing -
      bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
      marine1 -
      I do not believe a word that comes out of Vavi's mouth
      Zenbaas -
      Quote Originally Posted by rpm View Post

Sounds more likely that that discussion already took place between him and Zumatello
      Kaleb -
      she probably said it in a jokingly manner.
      MickeyD -
      "Zwelinzima certainly has a lively imagination. Next he'll probably say I asked him to marry me," she said in a statement on Sunday.

"In all the many chats we have had over the years... I have never tried to recruit him to the [Democratic Alliance]. Maybe he wishes I had."

She said it was absurd, given their diverse approaches to growing the economy and creating jobs.

"If people disagree on their approach to South Africa's greatest challenge, it is impossible to absorb them into the same political party."
      Full reply here.
      OrbitalDawn -
      He makes it sound like she wanted him to join the sith.
      AfricanTech -
      What a good laugh for a Sunday night

Can you imagine the power?
      Can you imagine the power?
      Nicodeamus -
      I don't believe that the DA has any self-destruct wishes.
  • 300x250 advertisement

• 300x250 advertisement

• Recent Article Comments Widget

House

ANC official must be paid more: Chief Whip

... and eating tens of thousands of rands of KFC every month. Go to last post

House 29-07-2014 04:33 PM
    kianm

ANC official must be paid more: Chief Whip

yeses! :wtf: . More pay for sleeping and farting in parliament Go to last post

kianm 29-07-2014 04:30 PM
    Garyvdh

Unions accept metal wage offer

Correct. Go to last post

Garyvdh 29-07-2014 04:13 PM
    ToxicBunny

Slightly different setup rza, and as a labour lawyer in training you should know that.

They... Go to last post

ToxicBunny 29-07-2014 04:11 PM
    rza

Gold miners who jumped to AMCU had a problem with NUM and Solidarity entering into a wage agreement... Go to last post

rza 29-07-2014 04:09 PM