Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

• Gupta family should be charged with treason: Malema

The Gupta family should be charged with treason for using Waterkloof Air Force Base, former ANC Youth League president Julius Malema said on Sunday.

"We call on the National Prosecuting Authority [NPA] to charge the Gupta family with high treason for initiating and pushing through efforts that led to the usage of our military airbase despite the disapproval by the minister of defence," Malema said in a statement.

"If the NPA is not in the pockets of the Guptas like many are, it will proceed to lay charges of treason against the Gupta family for undermining and threatening national security."

The Guptas landed a chartered jet at the air base on Tuesday. On board were around 270 guests invited to the wedding of Vega Gupta and Aakash Jahajgarhia at Sun City.

Government said it would investigate the matter. President Jacob Zuma welcomed the probe.

"To suggest that Zuma is not aware or was not complicit in the granting of the permission to his friends to use the airbase is just plain foolishness," said Malema.

He alleged the Guptas controlled the government and the African National Congress.

"It is not a fallacy that the Gupta family has tremendous control over the ANC and government and have had influence and knowledge of key decisions even before the most senior of ANC leaders are aware," he claimed.

Malema said the close relationship between the Guptas, Zuma's family and several government officials compromised national security.
    Comments 7 Comments
      rpm -
      The Gupta family should be charged with treason for using Waterkloof Air Force Base, former ANC Youth League president Julius Malema said on Sunday.

"We call on the National Prosecuting Authority [NPA] to charge the Gupta family with high treason for initiating and pushing through efforts that led to the usage of our military airbase despite the disapproval by the minister of defence," Malema said in a statement.
      Albereth -
      And then the lunatic fringe commented.
      MonTage -
      He just had to open his mouth again, for the Stupid to flow out.
      Shut it and go back to sleep Malema.
      Pearson6 -
      Inside man speaking fromo what he knows so it is god to get something like this out there
      NightCrawlerNic -
      Freedom of speech guys: let the guy state hi peace as a SA citizen
      Cool E -
      I totally agree with Juju this time.
      The Trutherizer -
      The fact is that this is not a 'treasonous' act, but it is utterly wrong that businessmen enjoy this level of power in SA. But then it is the bed that Zuma has made for us. This fool should just shut up. He helped to get Zuma in power - So you reap what you sow. If there are any good people left in our law enforcement agencies then they need to start putting the Gupta's under closer scrutiny.
  • 300x250 advertisement

• 300x250 advertisement

• Recent Article Comments Widget

ToxicBunny

EFF and DA join forces

I expected this when i saw the headline.. massively misleading though if you aren't paying... Go to last post

ToxicBunny 16-09-2014 06:23 PM
    evilstebunny

Four major banks in South Africa doing well: PWC

Didn't they also wipe their arses on .gov's BEE requirements? #UnfairAdvantage Go to last post

evilstebunny 16-09-2014 06:01 PM
    TEXTILE GUY

EFF and DA join forces

The enemy of my enemy is my friend - Go to last post

TEXTILE GUY 16-09-2014 05:35 PM
    xumwun

EFF and DA join forces

very click baity Go to last post

xumwun 16-09-2014 05:22 PM
    ghoti

EFF and DA join forces

+1

I was expecting a coalition or something being formed. Not opposition parties supporting... Go to last post

ghoti 16-09-2014 05:18 PM