Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

• Vuyo Mbuli death mourned

The death of SABC television and radio presenter Vuyo Mbuli was mourned by the ANC and YCLSA on Sunday.

African National Congress spokesman Jackson Mthembu described Mbuli as "an outspoken linguist who took pride in celebrating the diversity of South Africa and its people", in the wake of his death on Saturday.

The SABC reported that Mbuli collapsed while watching a rugby match between the Cheetahs and the Reds at the Free State Stadium on Saturday night.

He was treated at the scene before being rushed to the Mediclinic hospital in the city. He was 46.

Mthembu said: "For decades, Vuyo Mbuli has been a constant presence in South African homes, tackling various issues of national importance with wit, charm, respect and an all-embracing and inclusive manner.

"It was this ability to converse with and entertain all types of people that also made Mr Mbuli a sought after public speaker and master of ceremonies, jobs he would carry out with flair."

The ANC also praised Mbuli's tireless efforts in promoting dialogue on various issues of relevance to South Africa's national discourse.

As such, his death was a loss to the broadcasting community, particularly the SABC.

"As we remember him, it is one of his favourite phrases that today rings true -- 'mintiro ya bula bula' -- your work speaks for you."

The party extended its condolences to Mbuli's family, friends and colleagues.

"In this, the last time, his signature sign off - Sharp Sharp - came too soon and he will be sadly missed," Mthembu said.

Earlier, the Young Communist League of SA expressed its shock and sadness at Mbuli's death.

"The [YCLSA] is saddened by the news that renowned Morning Live anchor Vuyo Mbuli has passed away... We will miss his friendliness, fairness and being a very professional presenter," spokesman Khaya Xaba said.

"We send our deepest condolences to his family, his colleagues at the SABC, and all the viewers of Morning Live," said Xaba.

A family spokesperson told the SABC that the cause of death had not yet been determined.

The spokesperson requested that the family's privacy be respected as they tried to get to terms with the tragedy.
    Comments 16 Comments
      rpm -
      The death of SABC television and radio presenter Vuyo Mbuli was mourned by the ANC and YCLSA on Sunday.

African National Congress spokesman Jackson Mthembu described Mbuli as "an outspoken linguist who took pride in celebrating the diversity of South Africa and its people", in the wake of his death on Saturday.
      bromster -
      Wow. That's awful. I really enjoyed him as a presenter. Always well presented and spoken.
      Hamster -
      I only knew him as a presenter/MC. Did he have strong political opinions or was he an avid member of the ANC? I ask because it is kinda odd for political parties to make statements/condolences like these (especially so soon after the fact).
      modern10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
      I only knew him as a presenter/MC. Did he have strong political opinions or was he an avid member of the ANC? I ask because it is kinda odd for political parties to make statements/condolences like these (especially so soon after the fact).
      Please let's not politicize the man's death
      zizo911 -
      RIP, really enjoyed the news with him
      whipper -
      R.I.P
      ponder -
      Quote Originally Posted by modern10 View Post
      +1 Never heard him utter a word about his political stance so leave it be.
      Hamster -
      Quote Originally Posted by modern10 View Post
      It's a legit question for that article

Go mourn him over here: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=531034
      madlala -
      RIP Mr Sharp Sharp: you wil soley be missed in our TV sets in the morning, Morning Live would surely not be the same cause you were Morning Live, condolences to your Colleuges, Family, Friends and Africa as a whole, cause you touched everyone you spoke too.
      marine1 -
      RIP. Never like him much but that's very sad
      Wish his family strength
      RoMark -
      R.I.P
      marine1 -
      Wonder what the cause was. Heart attack?
      copacetic -
      Quote Originally Posted by marine1 View Post
      I always knew that rugby was dangerous.
      marine1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by copacetic View Post
      I always knew that rugby was dangerous.
      lol
      intel8080 -
      Quote Originally Posted by marine1 View Post
      With so many people in SA been HIV positive, is it wrong for me to ask if he ever made his HIV status known? Some high ranking people in SA did just that.
      abzo -
      Quote Originally Posted by intel8080 View Post
      With so many people in SA been HIV positive, is it wrong for me to ask if he ever made his HIV status known? Some high ranking people in SA did just that.
      +1
      People suddenly drop dead from HIV all the time.
  • 300x250 advertisement

• 300x250 advertisement

• Recent Article Comments Widget

entrepr

Don't blame Cosatu problems on ANC: Mantashe

ANC is totally involved - they need to engineer a pro-Zuma outcome no matter what damage is done to... Go to last post

entrepr 31-10-2014 11:19 PM
    Lupus

Review gun laws: ANC

Yeah cause it's been working before? If someone wants an illegal firearm the law isn't going to... Go to last post

Lupus 31-10-2014 02:27 PM
    Wyzak

Review gun laws: ANC

Soon it will be very illegal to own an illegal firearm, where it's just illegal at the moment... Go to last post

Wyzak 31-10-2014 02:25 PM
    Mike Hoxbig

Cities in South Africa designed to exclude and segregate: Tau

Fxing public transport and cleaning up the CBDs might be a start. I agree that there's segregation... Go to last post

Mike Hoxbig 31-10-2014 02:15 PM
    thestaggy

Cities in South Africa designed to exclude and segregate: Tau

Too much hard work. Just blame the other guys and use it as an excuse to do nothing. Go to last post

thestaggy 31-10-2014 02:10 PM