Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Cops arrest Scorpions boss

Super Grandmaster

Default Cops arrest Scorpions boss

Looks like they will arrest everyone in the country first before they take action against Selebi.
    At least Gerrie Nel can defend himself against the charges and the courts will then decide his fate.

The justice system works well when there is no 'ANC gravy train passenger' involved it seems.

Scorpions boss Gerrie Nel was arrested at his Pretoria home on charges of corruption and defeating the ends of justice, his attorney Ian Small Smith confirmed on Wednesday.

Nel, the Regional Head of the Directorate of Special Operations or the Scorpions, was arrested by about 20 armed policemen in front of his wife and children at his home at around 21:00 on Tuesday.

According to the warrant of arrest, Smith said, the charges against Nel were corruption and defeating the ends of justice between 2004 and 2005.

"The warrant was issued on the 22nd of November 2007 on a case registered in September 2007 for offences allegedly committed between 2004-2005," he said.

"The police elected to withhold the warrant until the 7th of January before they arrested Advocate Nel under these peculiar, abusive and suspicious circumstances."
    http://www.news24.com/News24/South_A...248545,00.html
    "Never buy a black torch"

Sneeky

Grandmaster

The guy tried to arrest the Police boss and now they are arresting him

/me thinks this is just a delay tactic to get Bra Jackey arrested

he is not my friend finish and klaar

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This country's getting crazier.

And the criminals having a good time.

Master

It sure as hell took them a long time to prepare that case.

All this Circus drama, anyone abroad what is international news reporting?? The local news channels are show there own propaganda.

Like the price fixing in the education dept, for books etc.

Wow, this is rather shocking in some way.

Wonder if the disbanding of the scorpions and this are related some way? It'll be interesting what alleged corruption incidents he'll be tried for.

Although, one can not help but wonder what Selebi's involvement in this is...

Imagine cops coming to arrest you, at your house in from of your family, citing the charge as: "You are hereby arrested for defeating the ends of justice between 2004 and 2005".

WTF does that mean? That is one hell of a broad statement. Makes me worry about the times I did 140 in a 120zone without a number plate...?
    Last edited by lcbxx; 09-01-2008 at 10:10 AM.

...the same sentiments prevailing in this threads seem to be reserved for a select few and they are not shared for some other allegedly corrupt people...

Nel, the Regional Head of the Directorate of Special Operations or the Scorpions, was arrested by about 20 armed policemen in front of his wife and children at his home at around 21:00 on Tuesday.
    Sounds like this fellow is a dangerous criminal.

Either that, or the police are showing that "they can"... naaaah... they wouldn't do that!

"A child can see that this is politically motivated"... oops, that was something else, wasn't it?
    There are no victims, only volunteers. You volunteer by looking uncertain and afraid. You volunteer by being unprepared [...] to confront the hazards of life.

Anther step towards the drain

Quote Originally Posted by lcbxx View Post
    Imagine cops coming to arrest you, at your house in from of your family, citing the charge as: "You are hereby arrested for defeating the ends of justice between 2004 and 2005".

WTF does that mean? That is one hell of a broad statement. Makes me worry about the times I did 140 in a 120zone without a number plate...?
    well the scope of the police investigation was known to the NPA.

EDIT: The point is that there charges were not unknown (as Mpshe acceded to in his interview on 702), but rather the way the police went about it. Which suggests a revenge mission from the police and more specifically Selebi.
    Last edited by milomak; 09-01-2008 at 01:29 PM.
    Do NOT construe anything I type as advice

Grandmaster

SA is really becoming a laughing stock now.

Fsck justice, rather use police resources for personal revenge hey Selebi?

Whay arrest a guy who has known office hours and who was probably on holiday at the time at 9pm in the evening?

Quote Originally Posted by antowan View Post
    Whay arrest a guy who has known office hours and who was probably on holiday at the time at 9pm in the evening?
    The same NPA was prepared to arrest the police commisioner until Mbeki intervened...good taste of their own medicine...

I was under the impression that law enforcers and public figures were not subject to arrest (as part of police procedure), eish! guess I was wrong.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Bageloo View Post
    The same NPA was prepared to arrest the police commisioner until Mbeki intervened...good taste of their own medicine...
    So arresting criminals is a bad thing? You really surprised me with that comment Bageloo...

Quote Originally Posted by lion_fish View Post
    So arresting criminals is a bad thing? You really surprised me with that comment Bageloo...
    Arresting the head of the police force is an absolute no no...If you have built a case against him why not indict him to appear in court without the humiliation and the dramatics that smack of political vengeance...

That comment was made in line with such beliefs that this is all power play of accusations and counter accusations. In the meantime, real criminals are murdering innocent people out there...

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast