Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: VodaCom life

Blog Entries

Question VodaCom life

This is my first post,more like a blog but i think people should know-well i just couldnt stand to just write about how " wonderful" vodacom has been to me

Ever since iv got myself a 3G phone i have bought data bundles and thats when the fun started

- was one of the few to have the "not reg with network problem" even before the nation wide problem (a week before)

- had that problem like some of the people here where vodacom says you have 0mb left........than out of no-were data pops up

*tip always load data bundles from your airtime- not from the atm etc.

So last year i had a sim swap done......you would think things would be better?

- and now this month saw the best of all......since one week i havnt been able to log on to the internet but wait there more
    * my mms works 100% ....use as a modem it logs on BUT no data was received

So like most people i phoned 155 ( by now i even know 8am to 5pm is the techs real working hours)they tested my line (a day after) said nothing was wrong but the data never worked so 155 told me i should get a sim swap.

So i did a swap for a 64k sim card......(yes another sim swap)...now it has been more than 24hours...

- NO DATA
    - NO SIM SWAP

Oh you might say it must be my phone,well its not other networks work fine,even got my self a new sim vodacom sim card - and guess what? it works too. Been with vodacom since 2003..enjoyed my stay but 6 six years down the line sad enough porting comes to mind

So before you think of using Vodacom data- think again

Vodacom is not like is used to be. Just now, while downloading a big file, the signal just died. So now I have restart the download, the service is getting really bad!

Maybe I should try MTN again and see if they could get their network running in the last year while I used Vodacom...

Vodacom Representative

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERMAN89 View Post
    This is my first post,more like a blog but i think people should know-well i just couldnt stand to just write about how " wonderful" vodacom has been to me

Ever since iv got myself a 3G phone i have bought data bundles and thats when the fun started

- was one of the few to have the "not reg with network problem" even before the nation wide problem (a week before)

- had that problem like some of the people here where vodacom says you have 0mb left........than out of no-were data pops up

*tip always load data bundles from your airtime- not from the atm etc.

So last year i had a sim swap done......you would think things would be better?

- and now this month saw the best of all......since one week i havnt been able to log on to the internet but wait there more
    * my mms works 100% ....use as a modem it logs on BUT no data was received

So like most people i phoned 155 ( by now i even know 8am to 5pm is the techs real working hours)they tested my line (a day after) said nothing was wrong but the data never worked so 155 told me i should get a sim swap.

So i did a swap for a 64k sim card......(yes another sim swap)...now it has been more than 24hours...

- NO DATA
    - NO SIM SWAP

Oh you might say it must be my phone,well its not other networks work fine,even got my self a new sim vodacom sim card - and guess what? it works too. Been with vodacom since 2003..enjoyed my stay but 6 six years down the line sad enough porting comes to mind

So before you think of using Vodacom data- think again
    Can you PM me the 3G number and your contact details?

Vodacom Representative

Quote Originally Posted by MtnUser View Post
    Vodacom is not like is used to be. Just now, while downloading a big file, the signal just died. So now I have restart the download, the service is getting really bad!

Maybe I should try MTN again and see if they could get their network running in the last year while I used Vodacom...
    The nature of radio signals is such that, even under normal conditions, they can 'disappear'.

When doing downloads always use a download manager so you can restart a failed download from the point of disconnect.