Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: How to Pay Traffic Fines

Question How to Pay Traffic Fines

I have a speeding fine for the amount of R80.00, for driving too fast in a 60km/h zone between Walmer and Summerstrand, Port Elizabeth. How do I pay it?

I tried to pay it online, but I couldn't find the site.

Someone suggested http://www.labattraffic.com/. When I typed either my vehicle registration number or the traffic fine reference number into their front page, nothing appears. For this reason, I assume that I can't pay the fine on that site. (Can I?)

I tried to pay it through F.N.B. internet banking. (For some reason, I thought that was possible. I couldn't find out how to do it.)

I tried to pay it at the post office where I renew my vehicle license, each year. They told me that they didn't handle fines.

The document does not have a URL on it, or any indication of how you pay it other than standing in the queue at the Sidwell traffic dept. (a notorious waste of valuable time)

Please help.

Super Grandmaster

You can't pay it using FNB internet banking.. But you can pay it at an FNB ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie. View Post
    I have a speeding fine for the amount of R80.00, for driving too fast in a 60km/h zone between Walmer and Summerstrand, Port Elizabeth. How do I pay it?

I tried to pay it online, but I couldn't find the site.

Someone suggested http://www.labattraffic.com/. When I typed either my vehicle registration number or the traffic fine reference number into their front page, nothing appears. For this reason, I assume that I can't pay the fine on that site. (Can I?)

I tried to pay it through F.N.B. internet banking. (For some reason, I thought that was possible. I couldn't find out how to do it.)

I tried to pay it at the post office where I renew my vehicle license, each year. They told me that they didn't handle fines.

The document does not have a URL on it, or any indication of how you pay it other than standing in the queue at the Sidwell traffic dept. (a notorious waste of valuable time)

Please help.
    R80 fine? Do they still give fine's for under R100? Here in the Cape the is no fine's under R300, eish. I must decide to move tto the ECape.

www.payfine.co.za is the only site ATM but they charge you R5 admin fee per fine, so your fine in total would be R85.

Super Grandmaster

I keep gettings R100 ones, even if I can see the damn camera/cop and slow down, I think my speedo is out by 10km/h.

If your with FNB you can pay it at a FNB ATM.

Just make sure you sign up at payfine.co.za with a email address for which you pay, signing up with a free email address does not permit paying on their site. Also, choose your ID nr as the option.

Then you shouldn't have any hassles at all, as you can then pay by credit card.

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Doesn't Payfine only cover areas in CT and JHB only?
    If the grass is greener on the other side, it probably has more poep in it

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by EliasMH View Post
    Doesn't Payfine only cover areas in CT and JHB only?
    Dont say that...I got 14 on payfine... hate to think I have more

On Payfine.co.za, I get "notice number lookups are not enabled for this local authority" when I enter the fine number. I can't use them to pay this fine.

Super Grandmaster

Try an FNB ATM, take the notice number with you.

I don't know why they didn't enable this on FNB Internet Banking, if they did I might actually pay my fines.

Hi,

Dunno if you're still interested but you can pay via EFT these days. Just phone them and ask for the banking details. Much easier!

Some areas aren't payable at payfine. For instance Pretoria. I have to go in to Visage street (all the way on the other side of town, even past Scummyside) to pay a flippen fine.
    R u n n i n g . W i n d o w s ? . . . U p g r a d e . t o . L i n u x
    TEXO Hosting

This Froot is no longer available.....

Grandmaster

One ooold post resurrected