Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 503 of 669 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503 504505506507513553603 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 10028

Thread: The iPhone Tips/Tricks/Apps thread

Quote Originally Posted by paulcrill View Post
    Hi all

I'm using an iphone 3g with version 3.0 of the os. (Jailbroken.) If I update itunes to 9, will my phone still connect to itunes, or do I have to update teh phone to 3.1 as well?
    You haven't mentioned if your iPhone is factory unlocked or software unlocked. iTunes 9.0.1 won't have any issues using v3.0[JB].

If you are network locked, then don't update to 3.1 until the new jailbreaking tool is released.
     MacBook Pro Retina | iPhone 5 | iPad 4 
    Your post count means nothing to me.

Blog Entries

wow you guys post lots.. cant make guide today as I just got home now.

WRT to 3GS 3.1 JB... It does install Cydia 100% and I am not d/l cycorder as the 3GS has a vid camera
    Storage: 3.8TB OS:Win 7 X64 Phone: iPhone 4 32GB ADSL Line: 4MB
    ISP: MWEB Uncapped Usenet Server: Newsdeamon Unlimited

has anyone used ih8sn0w's iREB, http://ih8sn0w.com/ to get the iPhone in recovery mode as fxit suggests?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rsi boy View Post
    has anyone used ih8sn0w's iREB, http://ih8sn0w.com/ to get the iPhone in recovery mode as fxit suggests?
    looks promising

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-oSb...embedded#at=19
    For more iAdvice head over to:
    http://iPhoneZA.co.za

iPhoneographers - Check out http://appleofmyi.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by fxit_man View Post
    yea i will try it 2mrw. wanted to JB today with your FW but my download at work failed today. so hopefully will be done by the morning!

Grandmaster

hehe sometimes i wonder if iphone users spend more time jailbreaking and restoring than using it as a phone :-)

Quote Originally Posted by assagai View Post
    hehe sometimes i wonder if iphone users spend more time jailbreaking and restoring than using it as a phone :-)
    Haha yes I have to agree with you here!!

Grandmaster

Seems like geohot has jailbroken the iPod touch 3G... nice... he says that his program should jailbrake any iPhone on 3.1! He will be releasing tomorrow.. lets see

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5490

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FaNIX View Post
    Seems like geohot has jailbroken the iPod touch 3G... nice... he says that his program should jailbrake any iPhone on 3.1! He will be releasing tomorrow.. lets see

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5490
    Geohot is one smart kid! Looking fwd to his exploit!

Some guidelines on asking for help when it comes to jailbreaking/unlocking etc

google first, don't ask stupid questions like "will itunes 9.0.1 connect to my iphone on 3.0", these answers are all over the place

check the first page of this forum first (gen info link in my signature, thanx fxit)
    Provide specifics of your phone, even if you did so before, it's hard to keep track otherwise, e.g. Vodacom iP3Gs (FaNIX, where'd you buy your phone?)
    Provide the software state of your phone, even if you did so before, it's hard to keep track otherwise, eg. "OS3.0.1, on file with cydia @ version 3.0, previously/currently jailbroken?"

as for network locked non SA 3Gs', you will ALWAYS struggle with push notifications, FaNIX, yes, you can try restore to firmware that does not activate and then activate with AT&T sim, this should work, however, be EXTREMELY sure the firmware you restore to does not contain any baseband upgrade, as this will permanently disable your ability to remove the network lock

if you want to go into a conversation regarding your specific needs for jailbreak/unlock, do so via email, mine's theron.roland@gmail.com, and i'm always willing to help provided you've done at least some digging on your own, i help with the tough stuff, you really can figure out the basics yourselves....

FOR NETWORK LOCKED (NON SA PURCHASED) PHONES, DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR 3G, 3GS OR 4 TO ANY FIRMWARE THAT YOU DID NOT PWN OR A CONFIRMED PWNED COPY YOU DOWNLOAD YOURSELF, JUST BECAUSE FIRMWARE CAN BE JAILBROKEN, DOES NOT MEAN IT CAN BE NETWORK UNLOCKED, YOU CAN ONLY UPGRADE TO CUSTOM FIRMWARE, OR NEW FIRMWARE THAT CONTAINS A BASEBAND WITH A KNOWN UNLOCK

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by theron.roland View Post
    Some guidelines on asking for help when it comes to jailbreaking/unlocking etc

google first, don't ask stupid questions like "will itunes 9.0.1 connect to my iphone on 3.0", these answers are all over the place

check first page of this forum first (link in my signature, thanx fxit)
    Provide specifics of your phone, e.g. Vodacom iP3Gs (FaNIX, where'd you buy your phone?)
    Provide the software state of your phone, eg. "OS3.0.1, on file with cydia @ version 3.0, previously/currently jailbroken?"

as for network locked non SA 3Gs', you will ALWAYS struggle with push notifications, FaNIX, yes, you can try restore to firmware that does not activate and then activate with AT&T sim, this should work, however, be EXTREMELY sure the firmware you restore to does not contain any baseband upgrade, as this will permanently disable your ability to remove the network lock

if you want to go into a conversation regarding your specific needs for jailbreak/unlock, do so via email, mine's theron.roland@gmail.com, and i'm always willing to help provided you've done at least some digging on your own, i help with the tough stuff, you really can figure out the basics yourselves....

FOR NETWORK LOCKED PHONES, DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR 3G OR 3GS TO ANY 3.1 THAT YOU DID NOT PWN OR A CONFIRMED PWNED COPY YOU DOWNLOAD YOURSELF, JUST BECAUSE 3.1 CAN BE JAILBROKEN, DOES NOT MEAN IT CAN BE NETWORK UNLOCKED, YOU CAN ONLY UPGRADE TO CUSTOM 3.1 SOFTWARE
    +1

To answer your Question: Bought it from ebay, USA.

I'll really think that push should work if I try it that way, because ATM, my push works perfectly, without ANY problems.. it's fast and accurate... why people say it doesn't work on hacktivated phones I dont know, they probably mean phones that weren't activated in iTunes... Luckely I still have the AT&T simcard.... I'll first wait for geohot's exploit, and then try pwnageTool's custom firmwares...

But i'll keep everyone posted.. I think it's something a lot of people wishes to know!

Regarding your email address..haha.. added to my address book

Quote Originally Posted by FaNIX View Post
    +1

To answer your Question: Bought it from ebay, USA.

I'll really think that push should work if I try it that way, because ATM, my push works perfectly, without ANY problems.. it's fast and accurate... why people say it doesn't work on hacktivated phones I dont know, they probably mean phones that weren't activated in iTunes... Luckely I still have the AT&T simcard.... I'll first wait for geohot's exploit, and then try pwnageTool's custom firmwares...

But i'll keep everyone posted.. I think it's something a lot of people wishes to know!

Regarding your email address..haha.. added to my address book
    again, the guys who created the custom ipsw's are not sure if the "activate unchecked" version of the custom firmware has the baseband in it or not

I'd suggest finding custom firmware somewhere that explicitly states the baseband is not there, or use a mac, and create your own custom firmware you are sure about... theoretically, if the phone is legitimately activated push will work, but we do not know how the unlock affects this, it's aim and hope to hit really

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by theron.roland View Post
    again, the guys who created the custom ipsw's are not sure if the "activate unchecked" version of the custom firmware has the baseband in it or not

I'd suggest finding custom firmware somewhere that explicitly states the baseband is not there, or use a mac, and create your own custom firmware you are sure about... theoretically, if the phone is legitimately activated push will work, but we do not know how the unlock affects this, it's aim and hope to hit really
    http://www.iclarified.com/images/tut.../20027-500.png
    http://www.iclarified.com/images/tut...0028/20028.png

It does seem that one can choose to update the baseband or not... if this really work, I dont know...

hey..

Are these setting from page: 1 for MMS still right? Or are there new settings..?

Vodacom
    MMSC: mmsc.vodacom4me.co.za
    Proxy: 196.006.128.013:8080
    APN: mms.vodacom.net

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by greggb View Post
    hey..

Are these setting from page: 1 for MMS still right? Or are there new settings..?

Vodacom
    MMSC: mmsc.vodacom4me.co.za
    Proxy: 196.006.128.013:8080
    APN: mms.vodacom.net
    Still valid.

Page 503 of 669 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503 504505506507513553603 ... LastLast