Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Buying MTN data bundles.

Default Buying MTN data bundles.

I dont know if this is already somewhere else on the forums but I need help please.
    I have a contract with supercall cellular (part of autopage). Everytime I want to add a once off data bundle, I must phone them, fax my ID, and wait 24 hours.
    This is rediculous. Is there no other way to buy once off bundles on contract? I also have another MTN prepaid sim that I can use to load airtime on to load data bundles if it would be easier. How would I do that?

Vodacom has the vodacom4me website where you can add data bundles whenever you want, I use my prepaid VC sim, load airtime and load a bundle and its active within 10 minutes every time. Does MTN have the same website / service? Cant seem to find anything on MTNloaded.

Thanks

With MTNSP (no use to you) you can do this by phone (808) but they have almost no web-based facilities. The reqt to fax ID must be supercall's ridiculous feature - you should complain to them about that.

MTN prepaid has a slightly better range of service channels and Vodacom prepaid is miles better (don't know about Vodacom contract or other SPs).

SecretCode, would 808 work on an MTN prepaid sim with airtime loaded?

No, I think they only handle MTN SP contract subscribers.

For MTN prepaid you can go through the 141 voice menu - still no website method - there may be an SMS channel as well, but it's been a while since I've used an MTN prepaid SIM.

MTN prepaid data: 1) Put sim in, make sure it's data enabled etc. 2) Buy vouchers. 3) Load vouchers as per instruction or *141*code# & send. 4) Call 141. Follow voice prompts to:"Load data bundle". 5) Choose the one you want. 6) Responding amount will be deducted from prepaid account. Works instantly.

Alternative to 2) and 3) - use "prepaid recharge" from most ATMs or some banks' internet banking, if you have some other internet access. Works instantly (I've had the SMS confirming it before the internet banking web page had refreshed).

Which doesn't help me a lot as my simcard is in datacard which is in the router. So firstly I dont have an idea of how much data I have left and if I want to recharge, I have to take out data card, take out simcard, put it in cellphone and so on and so forth. If the Vodacom 3G signal was better where I stay, I would have stayed with Vodacom because I never had to take out simcard, I could do everything online.

Default Same problem - any updates since 2008?

I have extactly the same sort of problem. I have a Dell E4300 with built-in 3G modem which does not seem to offer any sort of support via MTN F@STtrack software.

So when I need more to add to data bundle I need to put SIM into phone and convert transferred airtime for the SIM to bundle

There must be an easier way of doing this for MTN? As per previous on this thread, Vodacom offer Vodacom4Me features that work great!

Quote Originally Posted by Pwillmot View Post
    There must be an easier way of doing this for MTN? As per previous on this thread, Vodacom offer Vodacom4Me features that work great!
    Try this program and use USSD commands to purchase your bundles.

use MDMA. search for it.
    *141*6#

edit: what ^ he ^ said.

Blog Entries

i loaded a prepaid bundle yesterday, 141 dial option 3, follow the prompts.
    Avada Kedavra!

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    i loaded a prepaid bundle yesterday, 141 dial option 3, follow the prompts.
    OP wants to buy a bundle without having to remove the SIM and insert it into a mobile phone.

Blog Entries

ah true true, sorry meneer.
    Avada Kedavra!