Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: A few questions about the HTC S710

Default A few questions about the HTC S710

Hi guys..

My first post on myadsl and im already moaning hehe.

I got an HTC S710 recently on contract from Vodacom, im loving the phone thus far but there is a few things im worried about.

First off, as alot of u might know, it's pretty irritating when they block our facebook at the office, so i reckoned, IE on my HTC, ill facebook on that. What i have noticed though is that i cannot log into the normal http facebok.com screen, it just loads after u enter ur details. Then obviously u need to log into mobile facebook which seems to work fine with regards to viewing photos, profiles, messages etc. Now my question is...how do u see notifications...i mean to me that is probably the most important option when i log into facebook. Any1 else have this problem?

Then also, vodafone live features.....is there a way to activate it on the HTC or is that not possible?

Lastly....does this phone have WAP or not....stupid question yeah? I cant seem to find it if it does exist.....none of the things u can get by sms'ing start or register to xxxx number seems to work. I want to try mobile gambling, as advertised in FHM, i sms and get nothing in return, things like howzit...meep, all Vodacom offers dont work. You sms whatever is required and get no reply on it....so if any1 has the same problems and possible solutions, please let me know, i think i have about 2 days to decide whether i want to exchange this phone for another

I dont the S710 with edge is good for FB it will take hours to load pages.
    Use Opera Mini, its better than standard IE.

For Vodafon bookmark live.vodafone.co.za thats the link to vodafone on non branded handsets.

Try other wapsites like guduwap.com or wap.getjar.com (this site will tell you if your browser supports wap) if it doesnt load it doesnt support wap, I too have that problem with the N82, it doesnt support wap, very stupid IMO, I get all my content from wapsites.

Hope that helps.

Thanks man, that is alot of help lol

I must say though, facebook loads lightning fast on my phone, i just cannot seem to be able to view notifications which is my biggest problem

So ultimately what u trying to say is that one needs to bookmark pages like the one above for them to work properly?

j1n - i've also got the s710 - it freezes alot, gets a little confused at times and i swear this phone is going out the window soon... the predictive text is a nightmare compared to other phones i've used!. This phone is dreadfully slow - thinking of taking it back - not happy with it at all!.

hehe i dont know, i kinda like it Hasnt frozen yet, touchwood=\

JK, i just went to guduwap.com, it loaded just fine If i go to live.vodafone.co.za though it takes me to some UK site, just sort of gives me search results as if i googles the link..not the official site. Does this have something to do with bookmarking or adding to favourites?

Quote Originally Posted by LabAnimal View Post
    j1n - i've also got the s710 - it freezes alot, gets a little confused at times and i swear this phone is going out the window soon... the predictive text is a nightmare compared to other phones i've used!. This phone is dreadfully slow - thinking of taking it back - not happy with it at all!.
    It is a windows phone!

Quote Originally Posted by j1n View Post
    hehe i dont know, i kinda like it Hasnt frozen yet, touchwood=\

JK, i just went to guduwap.com, it loaded just fine If i go to live.vodafone.co.za though it takes me to some UK site, just sort of gives me search results as if i googles the link..not the official site. Does this have something to do with bookmarking or adding to favourites?
    Oops my mistake its live.vodafone.com

Quote Originally Posted by j1n View Post
    Thanks man, that is alot of help lol

I must say though, facebook loads lightning fast on my phone, i just cannot seem to be able to view notifications which is my biggest problem

So ultimately what u trying to say is that one needs to bookmark pages like the one above for them to work properly?
    Bookmarking just makes it easy.
    The notification thing try Opera, it gives notifications...

Awesome, how do i get opera on my phone lol? me>>>>>naab

operamini.com from your phones browser.

omg nooooooo!! live.Vodafone.com says it cant be downloaded or displayed....how lame is that?

Ok stupid question again. How do u download mini opera once u go to the link?