Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: ID cards definitely available?

Default ID cards definitely available?

My family want to go renew their passports some time this week (I did mine last year) so I might go along to renew my ID because I look totally different from 6 years ago but only if they don't do the normal ID books anymore. Does anybody here know whether they still bother with ID books at some places or should all places issue ID cards nowadays?

Thanks
    Feeling violated on the evil internetz? Download PeerBlock 1.2 (r693) for Windows! Released 14 January 2014

ID cards? What have i missed?

Quote Originally Posted by superB View Post
    ID cards? What have i missed?
    Instead of having a green book ID you have a card with a barcode or something. I know they planned this and I remember reading about em somewhere a few months ago but I don't know if they ever really implemented them since I've never seen one
    Feeling violated on the evil internetz? Download PeerBlock 1.2 (r693) for Windows! Released 14 January 2014

They Still issue the Green ID book, I also read about the ID Card a few years back, something to do with HANIS (Home affairs national national identification system).
    Parcel Tracking >>> www.ParcelTrack.co.za
    Need a USA Address for online shopping? http://shipito.parceltrack.co.za/
    Accounting Services http://irp5.co.za/

My green ID book is a disgrace. Torn, broken, ragged.
    Too big to fit nicely in your pocket - ID card FTW.
    Think twice, speak once.
    ANC - outfailing itself year after year
    ESKOM - Eish, Sorry Krag Opge*** - Maintenance

The ID Card system never took effect...they still issue the Identity books at Home Affairs and will for some time to come.
    The World's Number 1 Business Coaching Firm. Visit ActionCOACH for a free Coaching Session

Blog Entries

easier to lose an ID card too
    עם ישראל חי
    Join us at eRepublik. We need you.

Thanks for all the replies! Too bad they don't issue them yet Having my ID book in my wallet at all times is just plain irritating.

why carry ur id book with u everywhere u go? doesnt that make the possibility of losing it great? dont most places that require that u prove ur identity accept ur drivers licence?
    /assuming u have a drivers licence, of course

I think I'll wait for the ID cards too. I've managed without a ID book since I arrived so a while longer wont hurt.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

Quote Originally Posted by imajin View Post
    why carry ur id book with u everywhere u go? doesnt that make the possibility of losing it great? dont most places that require that u prove ur identity accept ur drivers licence?
    /assuming u have a drivers licence, of course
    Do banks accept drivers licence for transactions? I've never tried before. Gotta hate the feeling one gets when one shows up at the bank without your ID Should've maybe tried using my licence. Having my ID also helps when I don't have my student card (for uni) with me (which sometimes isn't in my wallet due to normal usage).

Quote Originally Posted by Praeses View Post
    Do banks accept drivers licence for transactions? I've never tried before. Gotta hate the feeling one gets when one shows up at the bank without your ID Should've maybe tried using my licence. Having my ID also helps when I don't have my student card (for uni) with me (which sometimes isn't in my wallet due to normal usage).
    Banks generally don't accept your drivers licence - apparently because it doesn't have your full name on it (just initials and surname).

Blog Entries

just takke your id and have it photocopied at a police station and have it stamped as a legal document.

That's what I've done for when I goto clubs etc.

Banks like the green book!! No licence please!!

Still the book - The ID card is still a developmental imminent thing
    Boycott MWEB
    1. Leave MWeb! They WILL throttle your 1Mbps line to death as soon you download over 100GB
    2. Cancellation form