Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Adsl password recovery on modem

Default Adsl password recovery on modem

Hello.
    I'm replacing our existing adsl modem with a new modem that has wireless capability. I have retrieved all relevant data from the existing modem except for the ADSL password. I am in a country where the ISP does not speak English, so I can not have the password reset, nor can I reset the modem as this will cause it to lose the existing password. My only option is to retrieve the password stored on the modem. I am able to log in to the existing modem with admin privileges of course, however I'm not sure how to get a program such as Cain and Abel to reveal the password box on the modem config page (192.168.1.1). I can only get Cain to reveal the paswords and protected storage on my own computer.

I haven't been able to find any assistance on this problem after looking for some time. Some help would be great!
    Thanks.

Sounds like a hacker trying to get help on cracking a router...

Nope. I'm an expat living in Vietnam. The modem is a zyxel Prestige 660R-61. If you look that up, you'll see it's ethernet only. I'm plugged directly in to the modem, which means I am sitting in the house, looking at the modem, right now. So I'm either a hacker AND guilty of break and enter, or I am simply asking how to retrieve the password stored on the modem. If you would like I can send you a photo of me sitting at the modem if you need further proof

Quote Originally Posted by Franna View Post
    Sounds like a hacker trying to get help on cracking a router...
    Not a very experienced one at that.....

There is a tool out there but your post count does not justify the revealing of the location.....

Quote Originally Posted by maliusmaximus View Post
    Nope. I'm an expat living in Vietnam. The modem is a zyxel Prestige 660R-61. If you look that up, you'll see it's ethernet only. I'm plugged directly in to the modem, which means I am sitting in the house, looking at the modem, right now. So I'm either a hacker AND guilty of break and enter, or I am simply asking how to retrieve the password stored on the modem. If you would like I can send you a photo of me sitting at the modem if you need further proof
    Ha ha ha

Please do....

Hold up a piece of paper with "JOU MA" written on it, sommer just for fun...

If your referring to adslpwd it doesn't work. The modem only has a password box. Not a username box. I think that's tripping it up. And you're right, not an experienced hacker at all. Hence me asking for help retrieving the password

OKay I've figured it out. I viewed the source code for the password box (right click on the box and then click "view cell source") whilst logged in to the modem configuration page. The HTML script has the password within. FYI for anybody else who has the same problem!