Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Thread: Proteas are no.1 in world

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gdiza View Post
    Sorry to say this, but the Proteas are choakers... I've seen it happen so many times!
    As is said so often in sport, "have a look at the scoreboard" or in this case the ICC Rankings!

Blog Entries

SNOT man!

Yes, they top, but they win alot of UNIMPORTANT games... Like, beating India or Bang or whatever means F'all Lance... it's games like WORLD CUPS and 2020 WORLD CUPS.

Did you watch how we played in those?

OMG!

Yes, its nice to be top and win the games, but I want them to win the BIG ONES.

Imagine the springboks won everything except world cups... plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!

Banned

SNOT man!

Yes, they top, but they win alot of UNIMPORTANT games... Like, beating India or Bang or whatever means F'all Lance... it's games like WORLD CUPS and 2020 WORLD CUPS.

OMG!

Imagine the springboks won everything except world cups... plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!
    A bit like the All Blacks? I wonder if there fans diss them the way you do our sportsmen?

They may have just after the world cup but I bet you they would not if they were named number one team in the world!

The world cup is less meaningful... it is once off games in a sport that can go either way on the day. The rankings are based on your on going performances.

we'll win 2011 world cup in sub-continent
    Very good European Usenet provider! Probably the lowest prices around, please do try them out

UsenetBucket - European Usenet Provider

Banned

SNOT man!

OMG!

A bit like the All Blacks? I wonder if there fans diss them the way you do our sportsmen?

They may have just after the world cup but I bet you they would not if they were named number one team in the world!

World cups are less meaningful... they are once off games in a sport where anyone can win on the day. The rankings are based on your ongoing performances.

"Have a look at the scoreboard!"

Blog Entries

Yeah yeah... I won't hold my breath a 3rd time.

I worked at the world cup when we had it here, I supported them 110% and then some, then at the next one in WHEREVER the hell it was (place name escapes me) and ya.

We just choakers... till they prove otherwise!

welll, gdiza ur on own, but i'm with proteas all the way no matter what
    Very good European Usenet provider! Probably the lowest prices around, please do try them out

Quote Originally Posted by LancelotSA View Post

World cups are less meaningful... they are once off games in a sport where anyone can win on the day. The rankings are based on your ongoing performances.

"Have a look at the scoreboard!"
    World Cups are meaningless and overrated.

Blog Entries

Okay, then I am on my own, I'd like to think, these players play towards something great, an winning a WC is a amazing achievement.

Okay, then I am on my own, I'd like to think, these players play towards something great, an winning a WC is a amazing achievement.
    It would be.

It would be great if they could just beat the Aussies in a test series during my lifetime.

Banned

The Aussies may be a little scared to play us at the moment with a lot of their old warhorses retiring....

Quote Originally Posted by LancelotSA View Post
    The Aussies may be a little scared to play us at the moment with a lot of their old warhorses retiring....
    That's what I thought when the Waugh's retired, but sadly...

australia is weak at the moment because they hav lost 2 key players: Glen McGrath, Adam Ghilcrist, Shaun Tait is on the verge of retiring but i think he's turned around

Quote Originally Posted by 11masoodt View Post
    australia is weak at the moment because they hav lost 2 key players: Glen McGrath, Adam Ghilcrist, Shaun Tait is on the verge of retiring but i think he's turned around
    Warne, Martin, Langer, MacGill (I think), Hogg...
    And they're still good.

I think we'll be able to compete in the bowling department next time.
    We'll have the best spinner for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by alf101 View Post

I think we'll be able to compete in the bowling department next time.
    We'll have the best spinner for a change.
    yep, we can beat anyone in the bowling departement, especially in tests where we got Dale Steyn, and for ODI's we got makhaya, morne and is bro, oh ya, i forgot about Paul Harris

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast