Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Usage Tracker

Default Usage Tracker

What is with Telkom's usage tracker? If they can't measure the bandwidth usage accurately what gives them a right to put limits on it? On some days I don't use my dsl connection it says i've used it a whole lot. I asked telkom about it, but so far no reply. I just checked, according to the tracker i have uploaded 2.2gb this month. However, i've been trying to budget my usage for the month and have hardly used it.

Has anybody else had similar experiences?

Yes, mine is WAY off. 500megs in first two days, I dont think so. We are a small business and use our connection for pretty much EMAIL ONLY.

Yes, their usage traffic measurment is a serious problem. I measure mine accurately and find they are always out by a fair margin.
    The strange thing is the erratic nature of their errors. First they will under record my usage by a substantial margin (which makes me rather happy) then suddenly I will be hit with a usage charge which is over the top.
    On average though, they overcharge my usage by about 12%

I have a dedicated program running all the time on my firewall that measures throughput to my router (both speed and volume) so I am pretty confident of the accuracy my measurements.

please note that Telkom Internet users WILL NOT be able to view their usage stats online. adsl.telkomsa.net doesn't <b><font color="red">WORK</font id="red"></b> - something to do with the site itself. http://userstats.adsl.saix.net if for non-Telkom Internet users. TI users must phone 0860100553.

Hope this helps [:)]

If you are a telkom internet user track your usage at:
    www.telkom.co.za/dsl

There's a link on this page to the usage tracker. ( only for telkom internet users )

Cheers

frikv : that link points u to adsl.telkomsa.net anyway. IT DOESNT WORK...those are NOT correct figures of your usage. TelkomInternet administrator Roux Joubert confirmed.[:D]

If Telkom can't produce a simple usage report accurately what chance do they have of measuring our usage correctly? If they can't do that how can they enforce a cap? We are after all paying for our 3gb, the question is are we getting?

C What u mean! My usage is waaaaayyyyyy off.[:I]

had the same qeustion too pdos...phoned them many times about this. apparently the problem is with the script running on that website, it's currently running on its own without reflecting real figures from the actual line. i guess webdev are just lazy to fix the bug for us. however, this does not affect real figures running on the line which THEY can see . [8D]

I'm about to hit 3gb on the usage tracker so I'll check tomorrow and see if my ip address changes (and if the international bandwidth stops). Only way to check it i guess.

that is sooo crap. they enforce a meager 3gig cap, and cant even
    supply the user with an accurate "real-time"... (albeit a 24hour usage traker). Its totally pathetic, really.

New prayer :

For us who are about to be capped , may Telkom show mercy on our connections.

ahmoney

Sad ne [V]

Actually I have been in cap hell since the 6th..and I can tell you it ain't pretty even this early into the month.

I phoned telkom to get a proper report on my bandwidth usage, they told me to email their support. I just got the reply from telkom.

Quote:
    "You can get a full adsl report by going to http://adsl.telkomsa.net .If you have any further queries please don't hesiate to contact us."

According to them it must be correct.

The Stats Telkoms emails to me daily are wrong as well, way overstated. I also run a bandwidth monitor and the figure they give me was almost double what I actually used for three days and then half what I used the next???[V]

What I can't understand is how they can cap us when their usage figures are wrong![:(!]

Herschel Jones, Operational Manager, promised to look into my problems. Yours sound identical to mine. Why don't you also send him an email?.

His address is:
    "Herschel Jones (HL)" &lt;JonesHL@telkom.co.za&gt;

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast