Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vodacom's Yebo Millionaires

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Default Vodacom's Yebo Millionaires

Ok ok, I know it's been discussed before. Well, all Voda subscribers get 1 (or 2) free entries per week there after you get billed R1 per entry. So, you need to pick any 9 letters (A-Z).

I use my work phone (Voda) to enter and I dont even bother to check cause if you are a winner they will call you. Just now I received an sms saying:

"Congratulations! Your Yebo Millionaires entry ********* is a 6 letter match for 01 Apr 08 draw." Got very very excited....
    However, it goes further "... R12 airtime loaded to your account. Winning letters HEXHVTMBO."

WTF, 6 letters out of 9 for just a lousy 12 bucks!!! This is such a scam!! I thought I would at least get a couple of thousand bucks!!!!
    If the grass is greener on the other side, it probably has more poep in it

Blog Entries

Be grateful you got something instead of nothing!

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Eish, just went to the Voda site and found this:

"A customer who has a 9 letter match can win R1 million, those that have an 8 letter match can win R200 000, for a 7 letter match customers will receive a R29 recharge voucher and for a 6 letter match customers will receive a R12 recharge voucher. Vodacom contract customers that win airtime can nominate a prepaid number to receive the recharge vouchers. Ten Motorola cellphones will be given away during the weekly lucky draws and an Opel Corsa Lite will be given away in a monthly lucky draw on the last Tuesday of every month." http://www.vodacom.co.za/yebo_millionaires/overview.jsp

Blog Entries

So close... yet... so far

"Better luck next time"

wont this be considered an "illegal lotto" by those wonderful people who run the lotto? (Remember the FNB and Vodacoms BMW giveaways?)

Yet another scam, milking the poor to make them millionairs.Ive neve played and iv been with vodacom for 2 years now.
    GO Football: Experience The Passion: http://www.gofootball.co.za/

How do you say - read the fine print:

Quote Originally Posted by Maelly View Post
    "A customer who has a 9 letter match can win R1 million, those that have an 8 letter match can win R200 000, for a 7 letter match customers will receive a R29 recharge voucher and for a 6 letter match customers will receive a R12 recharge voucher."
    Sorry I know I have no faith left in ANY South African company (yes be it private or government) especially with these types of "scams"!

Remember the chaos around the BMW "competition"?

Quote Originally Posted by cashmoney View Post
    Yet another scam, milking the poor to make them millionairs.Ive neve played and iv been with vodacom for 2 years now.
    How is it a scam? You get one or two free entries a week, and they certainly don't force you to pay for any further entries. They don't even promote it very much.

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Just bear in mind that a subscriber gets 2 free entries per week. I have set a reminder on my phone for Monday evenings to send my 2 free sms'!

Pointless stats:

You have about 542x more chance of winning the lotto than winning this.

Its a scam because you have one in a billion chance of winning,they make a ****load of money out of this and most people are poor so they play on their emotions by offering them the chance(Not much of a chance though) to change their lives by winning a million rand.
    How much does the sms' cost?
    I hope the 'honourable' lotto oficials close this competition down.

Can somebody work out what the chances are of winning a R12 voucher(7 numbers)?
    its flipping ridiculous if you asked me!!7 corect letters to get R12! the vodacom CEO must be laughing his head off at this money making scam.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cashmoney View Post
    Its a scam because you have one in a billion chance of winning,they make a ****load of money out of this...
    How much does the sms' cost?
    I hope the 'honourable' lotto oficials close this competition down.
    Did you read the OP? First 2 entries(sms) are free. Thereafter R1 per entry(sms).
    ic's back, back again . . .

Angry vodacom liars 2010

on the 23/11/10 i received an sms * congratulations with your 8 letter match vodacom will call u" well a lady called mary from vodacom calls me the very next day confirming i am a winner BUT its a long process takes up to three months to pay out the money
    she asks my ID number and requested a fax number at the time i didnt have one so she gives me a number to contact her once i do have a fax number. tried calling the number the next day to give her my fax number and what do u know could not get hold of her...mmmm i smell a rat anyway i left it she calls me on January 25 2011 .... she open an account for me . what a account where? with who ?to this day i still have no idea why she called me as i tried to give her my fax number but all she did was put the phone down in my ear! how rude! im just giving it till end of this month to see what happens if i 'll be getting my share of the money since it will mark it 3months this month! gosh how can this BIG COMPANIES:mad RUN THESE SCAMS!

Quote Originally Posted by kittycat7 View Post
    on the 23/11/10 i received an sms * congratulations with your 8 letter match vodacom will call u" well a lady called mary from vodacom calls me the very next day confirming i am a winner BUT its a long process takes up to three months to pay out the money
    she asks my ID number and requested a fax number at the time i didnt have one so she gives me a number to contact her once i do have a fax number. tried calling the number the next day to give her my fax number and what do u know could not get hold of her...mmmm i smell a rat anyway i left it she calls me on January 25 2011 .... she open an account for me . what a account where? with who ?to this day i still have no idea why she called me as i tried to give her my fax number but all she did was put the phone down in my ear! how rude! im just giving it till end of this month to see what happens if i 'll be getting my share of the money since it will mark it 3months this month! gosh how can this BIG COMPANIES:mad RUN THESE SCAMS!

I don't know how to tell you this in a nice way...

I will rather just keep quite for the time being
    A Pitbull is a small dog with a big heart. But if provoked will pounce without warning and cause large amounts of hideous damage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast