Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: How many unhappy users?

Default How many unhappy users?

I was just checking out the no of members on this site. It shows 300. Telkom says most of their 10 000 customers are happy. My calculations(Not very difficult ones) show that if all 300 users on this site were Telkom ADSL users,(which they arent), that would amount to a total of 3% of the total users on ADSL in SA. This sort of proves their point about "Most" being happy. I think to make a real impact this site needs WAY more members. Just an observation.

Hi Chubs

Thanks for the views.

It is correct that we would love to have more members and therefore show more representation, but until we can inform all ADSL users about the site this is not possible. I think 300 in just three weeks is already a good indication that people are willing to make themselves heard. Just to put things into perspective, action involving a million people will not easily be ignored by authorities. That is less than 3 % of our society :-)

Regards,

RPM
    rpm@myadsl.co.za

Well I am there supporting all the way and spreading the word. [8D]

Hi Chubs

a better calculation is that 90% of the 300 members are unhappy with adsl therefore 90% of 10 000 users are unhappy.

Assuming of course that the 300 are a representative sample of the 10 000, which is not strictly true.

I would definitely say they are a more knowledgeable sample so their views and experiences carry more weight.