Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Telkom ADSL info raises concern

Default Telkom ADSL info raises concern

Telkom ADSL info raises concern

Telkom’s automatic access to ADSL information – which consumers and businesses believe should be protected - raised concern recently among both consumers and ISPs.

On the issue of potentially using some ADSL information to benefit its own retail division, Telkom says that “being a good corporate citizen, Telkom will not engage in anti-competitive behaviour.”
    ... Who are they trying to kid with that. Telkom and Anti-Competitive behaviour? .... never!
    Last edited by rpm; 04-04-2008 at 03:59 AM.
    : Inspired to violence by majesty :
    - Die Toten König -

Blog Entries

Telkom says that “being a good corporate citizen, Telkom will not engage in anti-competitive behaviour.”
    *** throws up in mouth ***

Ja, well... Just go to http://userstats.adsl.saix.net/ and enter a username - no need for the password. Access user stats for any DSL account you can think of...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Router View Post
    Ja, well... Just go to http://userstats.adsl.saix.net/ and enter a username - no need for the password. Access user stats for any DSL account you can think of...
    Woot! time to have fun!!
    /l、
    (゚、 。 7
     l、 ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

I had to enter a password ...
    You only get one chance to piss off a client. After that they are an ex client ...

Quote Originally Posted by bekdik View Post
    I had to enter a password ...
    Yes, it seems a bit haphazard. With mweb accounts it doesn't seem to want a password, with @lantic it does. Telkom usernames are no problem either. Discovered this recently when trying to locate a mysterious "third user" who'd been stealing a clients bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Router View Post
    Yes, it seems a bit haphazard. With mweb accounts it doesn't seem to want a password, with @lantic it does. Telkom usernames are no problem either. Discovered this recently when trying to locate a mysterious "third user" who'd been stealing a clients bandwidth.
    Doesn't work with my 2gb telkom user name

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

“being a good corporate citizen, Telkom will not engage in anti-competitive behaviour.”
    Thanks to this sentence, I had tea coming out of my nose

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by AntiThesis View Post
    Thanks to this sentence, I had tea coming out of my nose

Awesome!
    It is true though - but only since Telkom have no actual competition, thanks to our favourite independent group.
    Think twice, speak once.
    ANC - outfailing itself year after year
    ESKOM - Eish, Sorry Krag Opge*** - Maintenance

Yup. They have access to your username and password, and even if you change the password you have to do it through them, and they can see the new password anyway.

Even worse, they tell customers NOT to change the default password on the modem - because if someone forgets the new password, they won't be able to help them.

Super Grandmaster

Being a good corporate citizen, Telkom will not engage in anti-competitive behaviour

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAH.
    OMS
    My sides hurt.

Is it comedy friday or april fools friday or something?

Pls folks this is the least of our worries.

Access to affordable, unrestricted, true broadband capacity product/service is what should concern us.

NEOTEL allegedly has DIRECT (Telkom infrastructure) INDEPENDENT access to ample international bandwidth. Their corporate distribution network is making money already.

Use this as advantage over Telkom dirty marketing games, fight them with prices.

Given those factors why are we still struggling with having affordable, unrestricted, true broadband service?

Blog Entries

Come on guys, Telkom is trying to turn over a new leaf... *giggle*
    Twitter

On the issue of potentially using some ADSL information to benefit its own retail division, Telkom says that “being a good corporate citizen, Telkom will not engage in anti-competitive behaviour.”
    HA HA HA HA HA! WHAT A GOOD LAUGH THIS FELLOW GIVES ME! You can fool some of the people some of the time Telkom, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast