Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Outlook Pop3 and SMTP settings for Vodamail

Default Outlook Pop3 and SMTP settings for Vodamail

I have a colleague here at work who has signed up for a 24 months Vodacom 3G account with 1 GB bandwith. He wants to set up his MS Outlook 2003 on his laptop to send and receive his e-mails. Currently he can send e-mails, but cannot receive any e-mails. What is the correct POP3 and SMTP settings to use, so that I can check and correct his settings for him? Your assistence will be appreciated.

Blog Entries

http://www.vodacom.co.za/services/pe..._email_how.jsp

For the Pop3 server use pop3.vodamail.co.za and for the SMTP server setting, use smtp.vodamail.co.za
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

I HAVE PUT IN THE POP3.VODAMAIL.COZA AND SMTP.VODAMAIL.CO.ZA BUT IS STILL NOT ABLE TO EXCESS MY EMAIL THROUGH OUTLOOK

Is your user name and password entered correctly? What connection u using? Vodacom, Telkom or MTN?

Grandmaster

Has he logged in to Vodacom4me to create an Alias? I he registered on Vodacom4me?

Place the SIM Card from his Modem into a cellphone.

Dial *111#

Look for Passwords from the menu

Select Vodacom4me Password

If the response has no password, he will need to register on Vodacom4me, then Subscribe to the free email service.

If there is a password however, he should log in and create an alias if he has not already done so.

Also remember to remove the 0 from the Cellphone Number and add a 27 when you use it as the Username
    Has joined the Cell C Revolution... Whoosh!!

Grandmaster

Does he even want to download mail from the vodamail server or does he want to get his work or other email address on his phone? If it's not a free Vodacom email address, he will need to use the pop3 server of his mail server, and the correct username and password for that account. The SMTP server will need to be smtp.vodamail.co.za though.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Colin62 View Post
    Does he even want to download mail from the vodamail server or does he want to get his work or other email address on his phone? If it's not a free Vodacom email address, he will need to use the pop3 server of his mail server, and the correct username and password for that account. The SMTP server will need to be smtp.vodamail.co.za though.
    Which is something he didnt mention, only that he wants to send and receive emails from his laptop using his newly acquired 3G card.

DUN, is it a new email address which you want to create or is it an existing one you have at the moment?

If its an existing one, who is that service provider?
    Has joined the Cell C Revolution... Whoosh!!

I know this is an old thread, but needed help with this and thought I would update this...

Here is the new link.

Vodamail

Also, the username is just your number in this format... 27821234567

Google Search finds this thread, so for those looking, also remember that the incoming port must be 110 and the smtp port must be 25