Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Prices @ SPAR

Angry Prices @ SPAR

I bought some rolls at SPAR, it cost 99c per roll, it use to cost 66c. WTF, it costs 50% more.

LMAO...

Seriously now :P Do you not know about all the price hikes going on... Can be glad your not paying R5 a roll... Everything has gone up It sucks but the roles are good...

Spars seem to charge higher prices but normally they have longer business hours. Don't do your monthly shopping there...
    Boycott MWEB
    1. Leave MWeb! They WILL throttle your 1Mbps line to death as soon you download over 100GB
    2. Cancellation form

Grandmaster

Got a mate who owns a Spar, i was bitching to him about the prices and he reckons he gets the prices from Spar DC and that's it. He has to charge what they say, but yes they are expensive. The local PnPay is a customer of mine and they say they had to drop prices because they were loosing sales, it is definitely better to shop around a bit.
    I don't use rubber bullets.

Spar of late has become quite a bitmore enthusiastic of late in terms of theirprice increases.

2L oil = R42.99 (3months ago, R 24.99)
    Lettuce = R 5.99 (3 months ago R 3.99)
    Cucumber = R 7.99 (3 months ago R 3.99)
    Chicken Breast = R 52.99/KG (3months ago R 28.99/KG)

The list is endless.

Pick 'n Pay has of late been less exuberant and I have found that onthe whole are about 20% cheaper then Spar (CheckersHyper too is looking a lot more reasonable in their pricing).

As Ady said, best to shop around.

bread is going up by over a rand in 2 weeks time i think i heard on friday.

Price increases are terrible.

Just this morning I went to Fruit & Veg to buy some potatoes - R36 for a large bag - unbelievable.

When dropping into Spar, I found the same size, but different brand for R29. - Just a good word on some of Spar's prices.

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Price increases are terrible.

Just this morning I went to Fruit & Veg to buy some potatoes - R36 for a large bag - unbelievable.

When dropping into Spar, I found the same size, but different brand for R29. - Just a good word on some of Spar's prices.
    You must check the size because Spar sells the 7kg and F&V sells the 10kg and the 7kg packet.

LOL the US and Korea are complaining about R1.50 increase in the past year...

We get 50% increase in 3 months
    If we were made from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Quote Originally Posted by boramk View Post
    LOL the US and Korea are complaining about R1.50 increase in the past year...

We get 50% increase in 3 months
    And yet we South Africans are doing nothing about it as usual.

And do anyone think the price is going to drop when inflation and oil/petrol prices drop? NO!!

Just yesterday one Spar asked R58.99/kg for roasted chicken, 5 km down the road another Spar asked R38.99kg!!

Quote Originally Posted by springbokkie View Post
    And do anyone think the price is going to drop when inflation and oil/petrol prices drop? NO!!

Just yesterday one Spar asked R58.99/kg for roasted chicken, 5 km down the road another Spar asked R38.99kg!!
    That must have being a print error, because all Spar prices should be the same, like P'nP.

Spar prices are not all the same. The owner of the store can charge what he wants.
    Intel 486 DX2 66MHz
    16MB RAM (4x4MB)
    Tseng 4000 1MB 256
    512MB HDD
    Creative Sound Blaster 16
    Creative Quad Speed CD-ROM
    14" Tatung VGA 800x600
    Windows 95

Quote Originally Posted by Toilet_Duck View Post
    Spar prices are not all the same. The owner of the store can charge what he wants.
    Are Spar franchise?

Super Grandmaster
    staring at the internet, sipping coffee loudly

rather ironic that their name sounds like saving(s) in Afrikaans
    Finding Zelda: An odd documentary about an odd man and his quest to find his "Princess".

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast