Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Turboflo - Saves fuel increases power?? does it work?

Grandmaster

Default Turboflo - Saves fuel increases power?? does it work?

so i was paging through bid or buy, and come to this product

having heard of the TurboFlo before, i wonder if anyone has any experience using this product.

also found there website

it states : turbo-flo provides: better burn rates = more power. better fuel mixing = saves money. no moving parts = no maintenance
    Me fail English? That's unpossible.

you have to know the 5 "D"s of dodgeball;..dodge;.duck..dip;..dive and dodge

Quote Originally Posted by wizdumb View Post
    so i was paging through bid or buy, and come to this product

having heard of the TurboFlo before, i wonder if anyone has any experience using this product.

also found there website

it states : turbo-flo provides: better burn rates = more power. better fuel mixing = saves money. no moving parts = no maintenance
    BS !

More power = More Fuel - PERIOD !

There is no short cut
    I have signed up with Bitco and it's by far the best internet I have ever had. Get a quote

Super Grandmaster

Pitbull, actually, there is. By upping the efficiency of a motor, you can get more power using the same amount of fuel or, use less fuel for the same amount of power. Now, I'm not saying this product works, in fact, I suspect it only reduces airflow into the motor thus decreasing power, but fuel injection improves mileage as well as power, as does a few other things, but they tend to be slightly more major operations as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Messugga View Post
    Pitbull, actually, there is. By upping the efficiency of a motor, you can get more power using the same amount of fuel or, use less fuel for the same amount of power. Now, I'm not saying this product works, in fact, I suspect it only reduces airflow into the motor thus decreasing power, but fuel injection improves mileage as well as power, as does a few other things, but they tend to be slightly more major operations as well.
    With what you are saying, yes I can agree slightly. If you mean more power like in 1 or 2 KW more. That in itself doesn constitute power increase. Increase power is anything from 10KW upwards. There is no way you will get that without increasing the fuel used.

Look at a Turbo. This is forced, which makes the combustion bigger. With that it burns more fuel more quickly.

a Cam change.

The Valves stay open little longer = More air into the motor. Bigger combustion, thus using more fuel.

The list goes on and on.
    I have signed up with Bitco and it's by far the best internet I have ever had. Get a quote

Super Grandmaster

Tests carried out on a rolling road have shown an overall increase in power of 3%
    There's all the facts you need ... rolling road means constant speed mid-range stuff. They completely fail to mention the Loss of efficiency that occurs during acceleration. It will restrict the air flow as Messugga says.

Now .. where is the no questions asked 90 day money back guarantee?

The installation instructions are vague and the pictures displayed are totally useless. Point of concern there.
    Last edited by stoke; 03-05-2008 at 12:03 PM.

Super Grandmaster

So, the scientific mumbo-jumbo ...

Combustion requires a proper mix of fuel and oxygen. In normal combustion, one atom of carbon joins with 2 atoms of oxygen to form carbon dioxide (CO2). When there is a lack of oxygen, each carbon atom links up with only one oxygen atom to form carbon monoxide(CO). Thus production of CO is inextricably linked to the supply of fresh air (oxygen) ...snip... TurboFlo provides more oxygen in the combustion process leading to an output of less CO and HC.
    What they're saying is that TurboFlow spins the air up and mixes it. They're implying that oxygen is not readily available in the intake air, and that by mixing it up, they make it more available, cos the air is still moving when the explosion happens in the chamber and the chances of oxygen being found to burn is increased.

This also implies that there is a heck of a lot of "pollutants" in the air that the engine is being fed. So .. now .. which country was the tests run in? Surely the oxygen vs "pollutants" mix of our air is better already, and there is no need to "mix it up"?

Super Grandmaster

I had typed up a message with quite a few links and whatnot but decided I'm not up for arguing today. Just go look up why turbo engines are so popular on smaller cars and why they fit fuel injection to almost everything these days. Wikipedia can be used as a source.(Hint: it's because it increases fuel efficiency).

stoke, agreed. How mixing up the air a bit increases the amount of oxygen per volume is beyond me.

Conclusion: If you really want to increase fuel efficiency, get a fuel injector system fitted if you don't have one already, and a small turbo or something. Almost might want to look at working the cylinderhead and generally all the other bits street racers like to do, except, don't go for crazy power because that'll just result in a higher average fuel consumption.

Grandmaster

so its a NO! to the product ......so no turboflo for my fiesta.....

thx for the input guys, its valuable to say the least. normal person talk makes sense, imo
    Me fail English? That's unpossible.

you have to know the 5 "D"s of dodgeball;..dodge;.duck..dip;..dive and dodge

Super Grandmaster

If they offered an unconditional 90 day money back guarantee i'd take it .. 25% .. or even 10% savings is HUUUGE to me.
    But they're not confident enough to make the guarantee, so i'm not confident enough to fit the product.

Banned

with a modern car and fuel injection it is not going to improve performance at all consdering you car already does that. you may see a 2-5% improvement in older cars that use a carberator (sp).

yeah, Turboflo is BS.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

All you have to consider when you compare small engines efficiency to large engines is the American muscle cars vs the Japanese street racers.

The American way of getting more power is building a bigger engine while the Japanese make small engines more efficient to get that power.

Vodacom Representative

Quote Originally Posted by JUGGY View Post
    All you have to consider when you compare small engines efficiency to large engines is the American muscle cars vs the Japanese street racers.

The American way of getting more power is building a bigger engine while the Japanese make small engines more efficient to get that power.
    American philosophy: "There's no replacement for displacement"
    Japanese philosophy: "There's no substitute for revs"

Quote Originally Posted by stoke View Post
    What they're saying is that TurboFlow spins the air up and mixes it. They're implying that oxygen is not readily available in the intake air, and that by mixing it up, they make it more available, cos the air is still moving when the explosion happens in the chamber and the chances of oxygen being found to burn is increased.
    What they're obviously trying to say is that car companies, with decades of experience, billions in research, and legal efficiency requirements, have been unable to make an induction system that can properly mix the fuel air mixture as well as a mickey-mouse bolt-on gadget from some no-name company.

Sounds legit to me, for sure.

Guys, I have been trying all these so-called "fuel consumption reducers" over the years. The first was a gadget that was fitted between the coil and distributor of my 1970-something Manta. Was supposed to improve the spark. Did not work.

The second was some magnetic gadget that was placed around the inlet pipe to the carburettor. Was supposed to "magnetise" the fuel droplets causing it to expand more rapidly upon entering the combustion chanber. Did not work - in fact, it fell off.

Thirdly, I tried the Turboflo on my wife's carburettor Maza Rustler. The salesperson promised more power, better fuel consumption, etc. Did not work. No power increase, no better fuel consumption.

And believe you me, I keep proper track of my cars' performance.

All these gadget are BS. Do not waste your money. Drive with a lighter right foot - and save.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast