Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: BlackBerry goes HSDPA

Default BlackBerry goes HSDPA

BlackBerry goes HSDPA

High-end smartphone aims at serious business executives with HSDPA, tri-band support

Looks like I've found my next phone - http://www.blackberry.com/blackberrybold/
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

Grandmaster

been thinking about getting myself a crackberry, and this one might be the one. does the unlimited data contract from vodacom cover hsdpa?

I wonder how soon this will be available on vodacom?

Silly question, i dont understand how a blackberry works.

Do you get given a new email address or are you able to use an existing one, ie my current work one???

Default Availability

Any idea when it will be available in SA? Particularly through MTN?

Quote Originally Posted by caspa View Post
    Silly question, i dont understand how a blackberry works.

Do you get given a new email address or are you able to use an existing one, ie my current work one???
    yes . . . to both.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    yes . . . to both.
    ditto you on i've found my next phone story.....thanks bwana

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    been thinking about getting myself a crackberry, and this one might be the one. does the unlimited data contract from vodacom cover hsdpa?
    I dont see why not - you cant really do much damage (ie downloading the interweb). You'll just be able to browse, email, chat, etc - quicker
    Quote Originally Posted by caspa View Post
    ditto you on i've found my next phone story.....thanks bwana
    The data plan makes it particularly appealing.
    Ron White was right

love the wifi feature and smooth edges, lets hope the enterprise activation performance is better.

This is what will replace my iPhone. Finally a keyboard!

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    I dont see why not - you cant really do much damage (ie downloading the interweb). You'll just be able to browse, email, chat, etc - quickerThe data plan makes it particularly appealing.
    So would i be able to email myself an iso from my overseas server and then download the email to the blackberry. finally copying it off the blackberry using wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    So would i be able to email myself an iso from my overseas server and then download the email to the blackberry. finally copying it off the blackberry using wifi?
    I doubt it. TBH if you're looking to game the system you might be disappointed - it's pretty much locked down in that regard.
    Ron White was right

you cant really download email attachments on the bb. at best you'll be displayed your email attached documents as an image that the device needs to retrieve from the bb server. there might be a java email client out there to replace the builtin one.