Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Telkom ISP & Domain registrations

Thumbs down Telkom ISP & Domain registrations

Hey everyone, you must know I'm desperate when I make a post here for a request like this....

I have a client who made the unfortunate mistake of registering their domain with Telkom Internet.

Now, I am trying to assist them with transferring the domain to alternative nameservers with NO success in over 3 weeks.

I have tried:
    • Calling the call center
    • Emailing the hostmaster@telkomsa.net
    • Sending a fax to the number given by the callcenter
    • Sending a ticket directly to CO.ZA

Can anyone who has possibly achieved this feat in the past, please give me some tips as to how to get through to these complete IDIOTS who run Telkom domain name services.

This is just ridiculous?

Thank you
    Donald

Is the domain registered in your client's name? (Is his email listed under "Domain registrant"?)

Yeah, I had problems like that with moving our company domains from them. Eventually I got hold of the call center again, and when they said I needed to fax blah blah blah, I (mildly) flipped out saying that I've done all that but nobody responds etc etc. Eventually the chicky on the phone got hold of someone.

Don't bother emailling hostmaster, they just don't respond. Call the call center again, and ask to speak to the hostmaster, and once you get through to them, give them grief.

The registrant is the client's company name. But all emails are the hostmaster@telkomsa.net one

I guess I will just have to call and call and call and call and just hope that someone actually helps.

That is very bad news, because now you can't even bypass them by faxing documentation to Uniforum to effect the update.

Hi donaldza,

If you have exhausted all other avenues, try phoning Telkom CEO's office on : (012) 311 2473. Someone there might be able to help you.

Hope you come right!

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by donaldza View Post
    The registrant is the client's company name. But all emails are the hostmaster@telkomsa.net one

I guess I will just have to call and call and call and call and just hope that someone actually helps.
    Even if the emails goto hostmaster@telkomsa.net, the domain is in the client's name. So, get a company letterhead & an affidavid stating that this domain belongs to the client, then fax it through to UniForum. They have this listed in their FAQ on http://co.za
    SoftDux - Windows & Linux Website Hosting, Virtual Private Servers, Domain Registrations.

Blog Entries

I had to do this today;

1. No fax number for hostmaster
    2. E-mail clear instructions to hostmaster@telkomsa.net and he will get back to you within 24 hours.
    3. No contact number for hostmaster (this is BS as I have spoken to him before!)

Hi Donaldza,

Please try this and let us know if it works.
    Send through another update request, and immediately afterwards complete the following form and send it through to the numbers listed on the form along with supporting documentation
    http://co.za/legal/form_02.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by SoftDux-Rudi View Post
    Even if the emails goto hostmaster@telkomsa.net, the domain is in the client's name. So, get a company letterhead & an affidavid stating that this domain belongs to the client, then fax it through to UniForum. They have this listed in their FAQ on http://co.za
    I've had a look at for this on their FAQ, and can't find it - can you perhaps point this out?

I have found this from 2005: http://co.za/news/newchanges.shtml