Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Broadband recomendation

Default Broadband recomendation

I'm moving to CT, Hout Bay on 3rd Jan from the UK. Please can someone point me to a site that reviews all the options and compares the offerings.

I'm looking for

- Static IP
    - Max Speed
    - Min costs
    - Cap overage work arrounds or min cost upgrade

Many thanks

Bob

I'm not aware of any website with this information, but here's a brief summary:

If you want a static IP, then ADSL is out. MyWireless may be an option, but you may have to wait a little while for that. You could get a leased line, but those are expensive even for a 64K connection. I'm not sure if you get a static IP with VSTAR, but if you do, that might be an option for you; if you don't mind the latency, that is. You could also get ISDN with a static IP, but that's obviously not permanent, and would be very expensive to operate outside of callmore time.

Unfortunately, that's about it, as far as internet connectivity in this country is concerned.

mithrandi

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rwelton</i>
    <br />I'm moving to CT, Hout Bay on 3rd Jan from the UK. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Can't help with the datacoms optins, but drop me a line when you get here and I can at least buy you a bear and introduce you to some the locals.

Welcome to the Republc.

Cheers
    Chris