Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for an English speech

Super Grandmaster

Question Ideas for an English speech

So I need to do a 3-4 minute English speech for the matric government inspectors next term () but our school is perfecting our speeches before they come

Now I'm wondering what good ideas you have? I really don't want to do the boring/factual/current-affairs speech...but the last time I mocked SA taxi drivers, no-one really found it funny .

I've concluded therefore, that the speech must be mostly factual, but have 'bites/one liners' that sort of ease the 'tone' of the speech. Maybe a speech containing satire?

So...any ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous View Post
    It is not my fault if mine are too big to carry them between my legs. That's why they are attached to my chest!

Blog Entries

Discuss how other countries are better than SA and how we CAN do the same and be better.

Compare, discuss a few issues, like broadband for one, as well as petrol prices etc etc.

That's one for now.

Blog Entries

Discuss people who meet online and marry over how people meet in person, the pros the cons etc.

Another idea for now.

Cause, these ideas require some 'research'

Mwahahahaha! I see you're from zim? Talk about how you admire the MDC and how you voted for them so that you can get your farm back!

Discuss current affairs, how petrol increasing is effecting people in South Africa, inflation, interest hike, etc.. All those things
    Loving technology&gadgets own a Samsung Galaxy S4, Ativ S , Apple iPad4 Cellular 64 GB, i7 ivy bridge - Porting Successful

Quote Originally Posted by RichardG View Post
    Discuss current affairs, how petrol increasing is effecting people in South Africa, inflation, interest hike, etc.. All those things
    Scratch the SA - HE's from ZIm. Talk about how mugabe has destroyed your life!
    Plz let me know how it went!

Blog Entries

Discuss your views on the US in Iraq and how them being there is both good and bad, that is such a heated debate, so long you do it right, you'll get such good marks

Blog Entries

Discuss how Sex before marriage is a bad thing.

It is... I don't care how you look at it, if you don't test drive the vehicle... bleh bleh bleh.

First rule of speeches: Pick something controversial.

Second rule of speeches: Pick something for which the audience has strong emotions

Third rule of speeches: Make sure that your speech has the same vibe/direction as the audience's emotions....you don't want be p!ssing against the wind when its for marks.

Not gonna help with the topic though. I'm sure you can think of something that fits 1-3 without my help.

Joziburg. Home Of Broadband Sloth Racing...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gdiza View Post
    Discuss how other countries are better than SA and how we CAN do the same and be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Ice View Post
    Mwahahahaha! I see you're from zim?
    Yo two need to read his posts in Current Affairs.

First suggestion is not plausible for Dominic Rooney and he is from Zim 2.0. Current affairs abusers users think its funny to call SA Zim2.0
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

It is... I don't care how you look at it, if you don't test drive the vehicle... bleh bleh bleh.
    "Maybe kids" "I am in love", Gdiza is a hypocrite

Super Grandmaster

Compare, discuss a few issues, like broadband for one, as well as petrol prices etc etc.

That's one for now.
    I've bet of a pessimist with regards to South Africa, I think I would be betraying some of my values if I projected the image that I was pro South-African.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous View Post
    It is not my fault if mine are too big to carry them between my legs. That's why they are attached to my chest!

Joziburg. Home Of Broadband Sloth Racing...
    Blog Entries

You just managed to contradict yourself in 2 short sentences
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Discuss your whole life story from school to matric, what you've learnt from a small young child up to matric, how the teachers have helped you to get this far etc.
    Loving technology&gadgets own a Samsung Galaxy S4, Ativ S , Apple iPad4 Cellular 64 GB, i7 ivy bridge - Porting Successful

Quote Originally Posted by DJStealth View Post
    You just managed to contradict yourself in 2 short sentences
    Yet another reason for it to be Gdiza - Resident hypocrite

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast